What order of things?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiverJosh82

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Now that I got the entire hull stripped I am wonder what order I should be going in.. I'm going to gluvit so is that next? Or should I paint the exterior first, then gluvit? And should I build my interior frame first before every thing so that all new rivets through hull get gluvit and paint?
Heres what I'll be doing and maybe I can get some idea of what to do first-

Gluvit seams and rivets of interior
Painting of exterior
Painting of interior
All aluminum frame for floor and deck
Plywood floor and deck

Thanks for the help you guys!

Btw I've been going through the entire boathouse section, on page 242 currently lol

IMHO, for best results on bare aluminum, you should use an acid-etching zinc chromate primer before doing anything like Gluvit.

Gluvit is also an epoxy-based product and sun light and UV rays destroys it, so if not hidden it needs to be over-coated (painted).

DaleH said:
IMHO, for best results on bare aluminum, you should use an acid-etching zinc chromate primer before doing anything like Gluvit.

Gluvit is also an epoxy-based product and sun light and UV rays destroys it, so if not hidden it needs to be over-coated (painted).

Thanks for the reply
So you don't do gluvit on bare aluminum? Good to know. I'd like to primer it soon so it doesn't begin oxidizing. However I needto etch it first right? I used TSP the last time and it turned out really well. Looks like I'll be washing it one more time

Latest posts