G3 1436 or v16ft which boat...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbw

Reaction score
It's been awhile since I've posted, but here I am still ticking away. 8)

I'm in need of a boat! My options in town are between a new (old dealer stock) G3 1436 for about ~$700 or older 16ft Vhull with trailer and a trashed motor see link https://louisville.craigslist.org/bpo/5740218116.html.

G3 1436 I still have my trolling motors and other items but would need a trailer when I purchase an outboard. Good new is I could hit the water today.

16ft Vhull it would be about 40 hours of work before it would be water worthy and safe for the off spring to go with me. It does have a trailer (needs bearings) but no way it would fit in my garage with out adding a fold-away hitch.

What is the old hives thoughts?

Depends on what you're going to do with them, 1436 good for ponds/small lakes/creeks/rivers and fits in a pickup bed. V hull would be better for large lakes.

Also depends on what size motor you have in mind on using. The 1436 probably has a limit of about 15hp and that v-hull will be considerably higher.

FWIW, that 1436 paired with a lighter 8hp or so would still be functional without a trailer and using a truck bed. I've done it before with a 9.5 hp. If you also use a transom mount TM you just may have to relocate the battery forward some.

Bought the deep v 16 ft! This thing is huge compared to my past boats. I will be posting a build thread like my past boats and videos!

Latest posts