Pre Storage Maintenance And Repairs

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basstrackertx17

Reaction score
Been way to busy to show up here to often this summer.
Did get some good fishing in though.
So i did some much needed repairs on the boat before i put it away.
10% Ethanol fuel sucks the big one up here.Making sure stabilizer is used helps but it only
delays the reality.
So every three years i need to change my fuel lines because they get hard and brittle.
So i started with a new extra long fuel line setup and custom fitted for my needs.
WP_20161001_001.jpg
Reused the one time use clamps.. LOL
WP_20161001_002.jpg
Perfect fit
WP_20161001_003.jpg
So i had enough line and connectors left over to make a spare/pickling line.
Much easier to prep the motor.
WP_20161001_004.jpg
Used a file on the prop and dressed it as necessary and painted it
WP_20161001_005.jpg
Then something i have needed to get done for a while. My front deck.
I pulled some up to show how bad it was.
WP_20161001_006.jpg
So i pulled it all up sanded and ground the deck smooth.
I have never seen a boat like mine with a non skid pad on the front.
I just thought my boat was special.
Turns out it was to hide mistakes drilling the trolling motor in the wrong position.
WP_20161001_007.jpg
WP_20161001_008.jpg
WP_20161001_009.jpg
So once clean I made some wooden plugs and pounded them into the holes and ground them flat.
Then a few coats of bed Liner to complete this part.
WP_20161001_010.jpg
She now looks like a old boat in great shape like she should instead of an old boat that looks like crap

Then i replaced my oil injection lines to stop the seepage i have had for a few years.
I power washed her and added a few coats of wax to the motor. She is ready for bed.
So in 6 months we will begin the adventures again.

That bow and non skid deck area looks like the older Bass Tracker hulls. Can't count how many times that little flat area came in handy for stepping onto the boat from shore.

OK... now I feel just a bit more stupid than usual. I guess if I had read your name I would have figured out that your hull is an older Bass Tracker. I am going to blame it on too much over time and not wearing my glasses at the computer.

I boat in NJ, leave my boat exposed all year with the exception of a tarp in winter, never had to replace a fuel line, why do you replace them every 3 years?

Fishfreek said:
That bow and non skid deck area looks like the older Bass Tracker hulls. Can't count how many times that little flat area came in handy for stepping onto the boat from shore.

OK... now I feel just a bit more stupid than usual. I guess if I had read your name I would have figured out that your hull is an older Bass Tracker. I am going to blame it on too much over time and not wearing my glasses at the computer.
I use that "step" all the time as I launch from shore and not very often from a dock.
Boat is a 94 hull with a 95 Merc 40hp 4 cyl. Had it since day one....

Those are acceptable excuses. I'm use them all the time. I'm glad I'm not the only one.. :)

Crazyboat said:
I boat in NJ, leave my boat exposed all year with the exception of a tarp in winter, never had to replace a fuel line, why do you replace them every 3 years?

Do you use Ethanol added fuel? Even with Ethanol approved fuel line the lines get hard. Then if you turn the motor it puts tremendous sideward pressure on the quick connect. I know of a couple of people that have broken quick connect parts because Of it. I have broken them in half in a vise. This isn't cheap line. It's Merc line. That stuff is so hard on small engines. Plugging carbs etc.

Latest posts