Crestliner VT18..anybody have one?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDflats

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has one or is at least familiar with the Crestliner VT18. I've been looking at new aluminum bass boats. So far I've seen the Tracker PT190TX, Ranger RT188 and I might go check out a Crestliner VT18. I haven't been able to test any of them so I've been trying to get info from people that either have one of these or at least have been in one. I'm set on an 18 1/2 footer and a 115 hp. The dealers of these boats are within 60 miles of me so I'm leaning towards one of the 3. Right now I have a 2002 Alumacraft Invader 175 with an 80 hp. The ride is pretty rough, it's not real stable when fishing standing up and it's underpowered. I know the Tracker has a different hull than a normal modified-v but I've read that the fishing stability isn't real good. The RT 188 and VT18 hulls look similar, in fact they don't look much different than mine. As old as mine is I'd think that the newer ones would perform better. I might go look at the Crestliner this Saturday. Any info, input or opinions are welcomed. Thanks.

My uncles RT198 should be delivered by Thanksgiving. If you havent ordered one yet by then, id be more than happy to get you a review on it by yours truly.

:EDIT: I lied, he ended up pullimg the trigger on the RT188c.

The deadrise on a tin boat is what makes for a rough ride. Most have a 3 degree deadrise and seem to be model specific. A new tin is not going to ride any smoother than what you have.

Generally speaking the newer the hull the better it rides and handles.

Ranger is top notch stuff if you can afford it! I've been through the factory, and by and large, the boys and girls who are working there actually care about what they're building.

If you want the best ride, glass is the only way to go. This coming from someone who said they'd never own a glass boat. I bought one and was totally blown away how much better it rides, handles, and performs than "ANY" tin that I've been in; including the one I have now, which ain't bad for a tin (war eagle).

I've had 4 different glass boats and there is no comparison in the ride, that's for sure.
I use to fish club tournaments but now I just fish a small 500 acre lake usually and I might go to Lake of the Ozarks a few times a year. LOZ twice for the Big Bass Bash. I think the main problem with my boat is the set up most likely plus it's a little under powered. I'd like to go up to an 18 1/2' with the 115 hp. I want the extra room plus I think the extra HP would get me on top of the chops a little better.
I'm pretty convinced that the stability of the Ranger and Crestliner would be more stable as for as standing fishing.

Just wondering if anyone has one or is at least familiar with the Crestliner VT18. I've been looking at new aluminum bass boats. So far I've seen the Tracker PT190TX, Ranger RT188 and I might go check out a Crestliner VT18. I haven't been able to test any of them so I've been trying to get info from people that either have one of these or at least have been in one. I'm set on an 18 1/2 footer and a 115 hp. The dealers of these boats are within 60 miles of me so I'm leaning towards one of the 3. Right now I have a 2002 Alumacraft Invader 175 with an 80 hp. The ride is pretty rough, it's not real stable when fishing standing up and it's underpowered. I know the Tracker has a different hull than a normal modified-v but I've read that the fishing stability isn't real good. The RT 188 and VT18 hulls look similar, in fact they don't look much different than mine. As old as mine is I'd think that the newer ones would perform better. I might go look at the Crestliner this Saturday. Any info, input or opinions are welcomed. Thanks.
I have vt 18 with mercury 90 love it no problems feels solid and plenty fast and great fuel mileage I would buy again….

I have vt 18 with mercury 90 love it no problems feels solid and plenty fast and great fuel mileage I would buy again….
I think 90 hp is all you need believe it can be made into 115. I all most got it glade I did Not I think tracker is not as good.simple thinks like v back all those things add up,

I think 90 hp is all you need believe it can be made into 115. I all most got it glade I did Not I think tracker is not as good.simple thinks like v back all those things add up,
The flattish bottom is not a speed boat but very stable when fishing and people moving around.you can spend twice the money or more if you want both

Mine came with galvanized fold neck trailer fits in garage sweet

All boats have their trade offs, no one boat will cover all your wants and needs. Both glass an aluminum have their pros and cons. In my case, money is an object, not poor but very responsible in how I spend it as it has to last me for the rest of my life!! With that said, if ride is a primary concern go glass, but if being more economical with less hp, then the alum hull becomes more important!! In my 60 plus years of boating I have owned wood ( Lyman two of them) fiberglass (two of them), and aluminum (to many to remember)....If I were interested in ride alone, I would have another wood boat, if I were interested in beauty and style and fancy appearance I get another glass boat. Because my money is not unlimited, I need little as possible maintenence, long life, better value down the road, economy of fuel usage, yet some fun and performance, I am willing to give up the more comfy ride, glitz and glitter, for an all around boat that gives me a more for my money, I choose aluminum....no regrets ever, and will not own any other type of hull. But that is me, guess I am a more practical type guy....

Latest posts