Removable carpet, type? Install?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10sne1

Reaction score
I have a boat I really love. It is a large wide heavy salt and fresh water fishing platform. The entire inside and decks have a
Great bedliner type material applied. Easy to clean, not slippery, very practical. But I have been bass fishing more and wish a softer or comfortable flooring to stand on. I just refuse to glue down carpet and pad on the very nice decks. Has one one done a removeable carpet and pad application.
For reference, I'm running a Triton 1870 Baysport, two nice fishing decks. I'm thinking of carpeting 1/4 or 3/8 inch plywood in which I can take in and out as I wish? Any ideas or thoughts would be appriciated! Thanks. Tomm
Lakeland Fl.
Your welcome to e-mail me
[email protected]

I installed vinyl over 1/2 inch plywood. You could do the same using carpet.

BUT, the important thing, I think, is to be sure that your plywood is permanently fastened down. You don't want a sheet of plywood blowing out at 70 mph on the highway.

You may be able to find some quick-release fittings that would substitute for the screws that I used.

richg99

Latest posts