Boat decals

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skanders01

Reaction score
looking for source(s) for decals for my 14', '62 FD-6. If anyone has any leads, please pass them along.
Thanks in advance for your help. This NTM old girl is going through a spruce-up.

I could also use input from the group on what to coat the floor with. Came with a factory applied anti-slip paint the was about half gone, so I am cleaning the rest of it off and want to redo. Not sure if the newer install of the plywood on the back, outside of the transom was a replacement of a factory applied piece or someone doing an audible.

The 50th anniversary 40HP Johnson that came with the boat needs to find a new home because I am going to use this boat's transom to hold up the three '54 5.5 green sea Horses that I am restoring. I will post the motor on classifieds, but if anyone is interested, let me know. Starts up and runs well...33 MPH on this boat I am told. 40HP is to my surprise actually street legal on this boat! Way too fast for me. I want to slow down to smell the roses along my wet path.

Attachments

• 100_1991.JPG
    100_1991.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 851
  • 100_2035.JPG
    100_2035.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 851
  • 100_1888.JPG
    100_1888.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 851
  • IMG_0199.JPG
    IMG_0199.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 851
I can help you with how to remove the rest of the textured floor. I had the same problem in my current 57 Deep C project.
IMG_0780_zpsvyueufh5.jpg

In coal miner faced desperation after trying to wire brush it off for a few hours I pulled out an old can of Klean strip adhesive remover I had in the garage...
rtaImage

brushed it on and left it for 15 mins... came back and the stuff literally scooped up with a scraper....This stuff apparently owns Alumacraft's formula.... you'll thank me later...

nice motors... a triple mount is exciting...

That is one beautiful boat, Shaugh. What did you do to get such a shiny finish?

I have been using a paint stripper as well, but not the adhesive remover...I may try a quart to see if it works better.

Thanks for your motivational thoughts, Johnny. Should be ready for the maiden voyage when the hard water melts away next spring.

It might be the same stuff as other strippers, but it seemed to work much better than the Zip Strip I'd tried in the past.

The finish on that boat isn't done yet. You can still see a lot of swirls from the brushing. Still needs to be buffed with a fiber wheel and rouge. I use these for the rough cleaning. They work much better than sandpaper or metal wire brushes:

https://www.amazon.com/Dico-541-778-4-Nyalox-4-Inch-Orange/dp/B00004YYD8/ref=pd_sim_469_14?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=V9H4068JSENW1881VKCZ

The orange color works the best. They really are the perfect tool for aluminum. Not too aggressive but strong enough to quickly clean up corrosion. Just one of those 4" brushes cleaned up the whole boat and is still good for a couple more.
IMG_0731_zpset31tgax.jpg

Latest posts