How much?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nowgrn4

Reaction score
Gonna sell my 17' Grumman and great running 2HP Johnson kicker on CL. Has OEM engine mount, 2 nice seats, one ore, four foam transport cushions and roof racks. Great for exploring creeks and rivers with one tow vehicle, paddle downstream and putt back or vice versa. Gets around 40 MPG @ 5 MPH at 60% throttle. I'm thinking about asking $1K for everything. What say you? What would you ask?

KeysNC%2008%20100.jpg

I don't know what your market is like in Florida, but with a trailer in MN, you might get $1000, without a trailer, $600. But I wouldn't advertise that it gets 40 mpg, because I find that to highly unlikely. Water provides a lot of resistance and it takes considerable propulsion, even when not on plane. I'd be surprised, impressed even, if you could get 20 miles out of a gallon.

ericman said:
I don't know what your market is like in Florida, but with a trailer in MN, you might get $1000, without a trailer, $600. But I wouldn't advertise that it gets 40 mpg, because I find that to highly unlikely. Water provides a lot of resistance and it takes considerable propulsion, even when not on plane. I'd be surprised, impressed even, if you could get 20 miles out of a gallon.

Never paddled a canoe ? It's almost effortless. I'm not pushing a barge. This little kicker runs for well over an hour at a little over half throttle on it's little one pint internal tank. That's well over 5MPG @ 5MPH according to my Garmin 60cx handheld GPS. There's 8 pints in a gallon, 8 times 5 is 40. I was being conservative, it's probably closer to 50MPG.

If you think that is what it's worth then advertise it for that but be willing to take less.

surfman said:
If you think that is what it's worth then advertise it for that but be willing to take less.

Yep, I figure I'll take $900 if I ask $1K. Grumman 17's disappear fast around here for around $500-$600. I figure with the $100 motor mount, nice seats and ore it's worth $600. The 2HP looks like new, I just did impeller and water tube grommet, new plug and new pull cord this morning. Started 1st pull. :D It's gotta be worth $300 easy. Don't need the money so I'll wait for the right buyer.

Wife has carpal tunnel and we don't use it anymore and I need the room where we stored it under my 20'-30' metal shed for an enclosed area I want to build and for additional firewood storage/seasoning. We'll see, Goes on CL tomorrow.