Much lighter new Yamaha 25 hp

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richg99

Reaction score
https://newatlas.com/yamaha-f25-outboard-engine/46850/?utm_source=Gizmag+Subscribers&utm_campaign=4817607ace-UA-2235360-4&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_65b67362bd-4817607ace-91654449

It's a sweet motor.

Not what I wanted, but definitely better than 180 lbs. But you know, people are still gonna gripe about 125 lbs being too heavy.

EFI will be nice for sure, compared to the old carburetor that was really sensitive to fuel age and quality. Couple weeks of fuel sitting in both of mine and neither one will run correctly. Dump the fuel and start over with fresh, then they run absolutely perfect. Crazy how sensitive they are.

I "think" the link is to the European version. Wonder if we'll get the same thing here in the states? I looked at yamaha's web site and saw nothing new on the 25hp specs.

Looks like they squeezed 5 more hp out of the 15/20. the main reason I went with the 20 was because I couldn't see spending the money nor the extra weight for the HUGE 25 compared to the 20. I wonder if I can get that 5Hp out of my 20?

Specs say the "new" 25 is 432cc. Old ones were nearly 500cc.

The 15/20 are smaller-I think 398cc IIRC. Different engine. Could one squeeze a little more out of it? Probably-IF you can get more RPM out of it somehow.

Even then, the European site is the one that lists that new 25hp. Looked at the yamaha-motor.eu site the other day and found it. Who knows what we'll see here in North America. It might be the exact same. Or it might be completely different.

Yea, I didn't check the specs on it but looking at it the cowling and everything else looks exactly like my 20, the old 25 was completely different. Maybe I could turbo charge mine. :)

Latest posts