horizontal rod racks

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stratosjoe

Reaction score
Would like some ideas on home made racks for both sides of my Lowe 1648. I usually carry 6 rods and my buddy does also. I am tired of buying the Berkeley kind, the foam does not last. open to ideas thanks.

Maybe these 'Trak-A-Rod' rod holders by DuBro will work for you. I used them on one of my saltwater boats and they held up fine in the sun. You might have to cut in 2 to put one section down each side. No foam to wear out ...

Attachments

• Trak-A-Rod.png
    Trak-A-Rod.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,343
Me too. Redoing the flooring/carpet on my tin boat (Alumacraft Lunker 16DLX) and I want to put homemade rod holder along one side capable of holding at least 4.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Check out driftmasterdotcom, they have some rod holders of a different type, they are usually used for long crappie rods (12' and longer) but you can mount them any length for your rods. Not cheap, but may be the last one's you buy.

I got tired of fooling with horizontal racks, so I mounted mine vertically. Much better space control, in my opinion, and I'm not stepping on rods when moving about. Once I start fishing, if the rods are in the way, I can lay them down.

Latest posts