Front deck to 14 ft Klamath

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L Kenney

Reaction score
I’ve got batteries placed ahead of the front seat in my 14 ft Klamath and want to deck over them flush with the seat. I’m reluctant to put any holes through the sides for fore and aft supports if I don’t have to and wonder if simply dropping in a correctly sized piece of 1/2” or 3/4” marine plywood or Starboard would work. The isn’t a deck for standing on.

That's how I made mine. A cardboard templet got it close then I sanded the bevel and kept fitting until tight. Rock solid to walk on and lifts right out.

I riveted angle aluminum along the front of the seat to hold that edge of the deck up. The rest is friction fit. Yours will be the same only higher. Pic in this thread. https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=39681&start=15

cardboard is a good way to go...I reluctantly stepped into the 21st century and use an ipad app to draw on pictures for template design/sign

Pics of your boat??? I want a 10' Klamath!!! The msrp is ridiculous down here in MS!!

Latest posts