Stabil fogging spray

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrdrh99

Reaction score
So, saw a fogging spray at Walmart by Stabil for about $4.... Anyone used it or know anything about it?

When I was stationed in the salt water ports while in the Navy,
I went through dozens of cans of CRC 3-36 corossion inhibitor.
Anyone that is remotely exposed to corrosive air and high humidity
should spray the daylghts out of their motors to "help" combat the corrosion issues.
When I ran out of CRC, DaleH steered me towards the Stabil Fogging Oil.
I have used it a few times and like it. I even sprayed my woodworking handtools with it.
Comparing the hype of CRC and Stabil, they are about the same.
So for the price, I would definately tell you to pick up a can at Wal-Mart and use it
on whatever you need a little extra protection from. (understanding that it is OIL and leaves a film).
WD-40 is NOT a corrosion inhibitor...... "WD" stands for Water Displacement.
Designed to be used on electrical and electronic parts to remove moisture.
I don't see anywhere in their description as to actually inhibiting rust or corrosion.
But, WD-40 definately has a use in just about everything else.
Corossion Inhibitor.jpeg

yes, buy it and use it.

It's good stuff. I used it for a long time on engine blocks and parts that rust almost immediately. Sometimes a block would sit for a week and come back and it'd be rusted, bores and all (cast iron)-and sometimes unuseable. Someone turned me onto the sta-bil fogging oil and I used it-and it flat works. I used it a lot, had different V8 and 4 cylinder blocks on stands at the time and anything to make them not rust so quickly was nice. But as much as I used, it would get expensive. I now make my own out of a mixture of ATF and diesel, which is cheaper in the long run-and works just as well.

Latest posts