*EDIT* I Would like your guy's HELP!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeeter23

Reaction score
**Edit**

I am looking at a lowe 16ft Olympic Jon 2 with a 51" width. Am I'm wondering if this is gonna be stable or not. I have two kayaks I'm going to trade him, one I can stand in easily and move around very easy. Just don't wanna get screwed!

If ANYONE has any help, suggestions, videos of you on a 16ft Jon boat to see how stable it will be... anything let me know, any help would be very appreciated!

I have a 16/48 and for me, its very stable. I walk all around mine. Why dont you ask the guy to take you out in the boat so you can see if you like it or not? Not sure how valuable my advice (or anyone else's) is. I might find a boat unstable whereas you might find it acceptable. I also mostly fish alone or with my 90lb kid. If i put another 220lb guy in my boat my opinion might change. How many people onboard? What size motor? How loaded with gear? What is the water like where you fish? Lots of factors will affect your perception of stability.

Skeeter - Welcome Aboard !!

are you near a body of water that you can do a float test prior to purchase???
have you tried YouTube for videos ???

if you can stand comfortably in a kayak and move around easily,
you can DEFINATELY be comfortable in a Jon Boat.
most Jon Boats with the bottom width of 36" or wider are very stable.
as long as you don't dance around in it and use common sense when standing or moving around.
building a casting deck high up to the gunnels will greatly affect the center of balance. (in a negative way).

jus my Dos Centavos

thanks for your replys guys. gonna get a new boat soon... ready to get the project going so I can get it out by spring...

Latest posts