Changing boat name

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishfreek

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I am currently looking at a couple of pocket trawlers to use as a mother ship and a weekend getaway spot. One of them has a really poor name that means nothing to me. If I get that one should I keep the name or make it my own and change it?

Fishfreek said:
I am currently looking at a couple of pocket trawlers to use as a mother ship and a weekend getaway spot. One of them has a really poor name that means nothing to me. If I get that one should I keep the name or make it my own and change it?
Is say make it your own. I don't think you register the name of your boat with the state. But it should have a registration number.

Sincerely,

jbird68

I heard there is some sort of ceremony or ritual involved
in changing the name, some kind of mojo to curb the
bad luck. [-o<
Any way, Good luck with the new boat.

Steve A W

when you have some extra time on your hands, go over to the Titusville marina.
https://titusvillemarina.com/.
when I go fishing under the Max Brewer Bridge, I often see
a couple of the vintage trawlers go up and down the river in that area.
I just think the hull design is so cool !!!
so they have to be coming from somewhere. I am only guessing the marina. (or some rich kids back yard).
the trailerable version would be great, but, you need a beast of a truck to pull it.
good luck in your search !!! thanks for the pics.

My dad always said it was bad luck to be superstitious. If I didn't like the name, I would change it. As stated above, there are no legal issues with renaming the boat and, if you are worried about angering Neptune or Poseidon, there is a ritual that you can follow to "purge the name from their ledger of the deep." The ceremony is outlined in the article here (https://www.boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/rename.htm).

Also, want to say that those are three very nice looking boats there, but I'm partial to the second one. Looks like a Nordic Tug and everyone that I've ever spoken to that owned one had nothing but good things to say about them. Good luck with your search.

Definitely change it you're the one that's living with it. My pick is the second boat that one is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my biggest boat I have ever owned . . . .
it's not a mini-tug or trawler, but it still had
all the amenities inside. Kitchen, bath and shower.
from what I remember, the back deck was 10' front to back and 8' wide. Tons of room.
sleeps 4 comfortably, 6 if you are really good friends.
1966 Chris-Craft Crusader, 30ft long, twin Chevy 283 gas engines,
and it was a BLAST for the 3 years I had it.
all mahogany inside and out, fiberglassed over bottom.
so one of my suggestions would be not to focus so much
on the outside, but on the inside where you need the creature comforts.
I spent many many weekend camping trips on this beauty !!!
good luck in your search - keep us in the loop for sure.
cruiser 1.jpg
cruiser 2.jpg

Don't rule out a potential good deal just because it is not the trawler you are looking for.
weekend campers are awesome !!!

Latest posts