tracker 1988 tx 17 into utlity/jon/hunt boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarego

Reaction score
My tracker decks are pretty shot....I want to turn her into a utility/jon boat and advice on bracing the floors to the ribs with wood I want to remove most of the rear and add stick motor, because my motor finally blew. i guess im more worried of the boat flexing and cracking than anything. ANY help ???pictures of floor outlines and such would be a great help
thank you

I pondered the same thing to do with my 175. So I will be interested in your rebuild. My idea is to take the seat well completely out. And cut the back deck back a few inches. And then put in a seat weld from a 17 foot johnboat. That would be about all that's needed is for his side to side bracing leaving the front deck where it is and console gone. At least that's what I'm hoping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right i want to git rid of most of the back push back the live well it came with and make a seat there . hopefully i can take some of the front deck up to the storage boxes in the front that is plenty of deck for what I need. I just need advice on how to make a stable floor that also helps with bracing the boat so it none of it shifts creating a leak. I see many builds on here maybe im looking in the wrong areas on how to stabilize a boat from shifting.

I love this boat its old but she does not leak at all

:?: :roll: :?:

I believe your model is one that has the ribs in the floor, like a Jon boat has. If so, it will be straight forward. You shouldn't need anything extra. On the other hand mine has the longitude stringer system. Where I have to have the bulkheads for side rigidity. So my platform isn't as good as yours is to achieve our outcome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts