portable livewell

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pathray

Reaction score
I'm looking for advice regarding portable livewells. I'm new to the forum and fishing out of a 14' Lund in which I have been updating. I desire to have a portable livewell from a cooler. I have viewed the multiple youtube examples and have settled on an inside bilge pump circulating aerated water from pvc pipe around the perimeter of the inside of the top of the cooler. I also plan to use simple shutoff valves to have the ability to pump out the water through a second pipe.

I desire to have portable filling capability through the use of a aerator pump or ballast pump attached to the lower side of the cooler near the bottom. Would like to use a weighted flexible hose over the side of the boat to fill (i.e.5-6 ft hose). Question-- will the ballast pump fill the cooler provided the end of the hose in the water is lower than the pump understanding it will need to "lift" up 2-3 feet to get into the boat? Thanks for your help.

This would be a good start. I love their products.

https://flow-rite.com/products/marine/aerators/ma-110

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts