Tracker MVX 1648 on the water review

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skipper123

Reaction score
After running the Tracker MVX 1648 for a few months I will have to say she is doing quite well. After bumping a few stumps in the creek sliding over a few sand bars in the river and pounding quite a few waves on the lake I have saw nothing negative. Shes a bit heavy with the 120 ga floor and 100 ga all welded hull but the 30 hp Tohatsu puts her on plane pretty quick with two anglers, loaded to the gills with fishing gear coolers and a 80 lb Doberman pincher riding shotgun on the front deck. Speed is better than I thought, never thought I would see 20 mph loaded out but the Tohatsu pushers her down the creek at 26 mph with the three of us and 31 with the four legged angler and me. As far as loading is concerned when I bought it I was surprised to see no guide on mounted on the matching trailer. Started looking for ones to fit the first week after purchase. After loading a few times I will give the designer a thumbs up she loads perfect every time if you do your part and put the trailer in the water where the fender tops are just above the water. If you buy this boat get the matching trailer its worth the money. The trailer also comes with the textured finish and looks like it will not rust for many years. The Tracker boyz has also done a great job with the new paint on the boat that has texture and is holding up well. The only thing I would change in this boat is the location of the drain holes in front of the back seat. They are about three inches from the seat and hold a little dirty water on the flat floor when washing her out after a muddy/bloody day fishing. All in all shes a keeper I have rigged her out with a 24 volt trolling motor a Garmin striker S7 which I cant seem to figure out the GPS no matter how hard I try and the 30 hp Tohatsu with multifunction tiller another winner and several different items mounted in the versa track none of which are versa track brand, to hard to order and way overpriced. The brocraft rod holders work like a charm in the versa track mounting rail as well as cup/tackle holders bought off amazon. I know this is a priceline rig but for the money shes works well for me.

Great! I was wondering about the horse power with the heavier weight gauge metal. What you're seeing any kind of falls in line with what I was thinking so thanks. And yes I believe tracker has definitely taken care of their paint issues from years past. I will be buying one of these boats in the future for just the rivers around me. My other boat is just a little too big for the kind of rivers that I like to go smallmouth fishing in. Thanks for your ride up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds like a great setup, durable, hassle free, and affordable to operate!

Got pics?

Latest posts