14 FOOT LONE STAR ADMIRAL "UTILITY" HULL??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satx78247

Reaction score
Friends,

Do any of you have a t least ONE (hopefully COLOR) quality photograph of the 1952 to 1955 Lone Star 14-foot ADMIRAL, that shows the interior arrangement & exterior "color scheme"
(The hull is currently painted "two-tone" green but I have NO idea if that's the original paint or NOT.)

I've found the Admiral (I think that it's an un-cataloged UTILITY, as it has NO windshield, NO holes where a windshield once was nor any sign that the 3 bare aluminum benches had seat-backs or were ever upholstered.) & I cannot find anything but "artist's rendering" of the early Admiral hulls, that were made from 1952-55. - I found the bare hull "sitting out in the weeds", about 10 miles south of San Antonio.
My research indicates that the last owner (A Mr. Willie Ray from Floresville, TX) passed away about 2000.
(I already have a Johnson 25HP electric start OB that is suitable as power.)

IF I'm going to spend money restoring the Admiral 14, I want to do it CORRECTLY.

THANKS, satx

https://pugetsoundersaomc.com/forum/images/Members-Boats/Labor_Day_041C

bobberboy,

THANKS for noticing that I was AWOL. = My much-beloved "sister of the heart" suffered a long/debilitating/terminal liver ailment & passed away just before Christmas. - I spent the time with "Ellie" at the hospital.

yours, satx

bobberboy,

Do you happen to have any info on my newest "abandoned & unloved orphan"??

I'd really like to KNOW which year that the 14-foot Admiral IS, as I'm going to try to get it titled??

yours, satx

Johnny,

There are NO visible numbers on the transom or anywhere else on the hull (that I have found). - It's possible that removal of the "smeared on" paint MAY show numbers, after I get the mess off. = The paint on the transom looks like it was applied by a gorilla using a masonry trowel.

yours, satx

lone_star.jpg

Shaugh,

THANKS for the photos.
(Given the clothes, hairdos, etc. of the ladies, I'd guess that that's a factory publicity photo & LIKELY the original paint scheme.)

yours, satx