How strong are these ribs?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrdrh99

Reaction score
So, wet foam, wet wood on the bench seats. I'm completely removing them. How strong are these ribs? I'm putting in a floor, and will have supports running all the way across at at least 6 different points. Will that be OK? I'm putting a layer of foam under the floor bow to stern.

Based on the picture in your other thread I think they'll be fine. With the floor in place, and the side compartments and front bow cap I think you'll be fine. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I agree with Derek -
"Based on the picture in your other thread I think they'll be fine.
With the floor in place, and the side compartments and front bow cap I think you'll be fine".

plus - with a 9.9 motor, you are not putting a lot of stress on the hull.
now, if you move up to a 25hp motor, more thought should be given to the design.
I run a 25hp (soon to be 35hp) Johnson on my 14' bare bones Crestliner and have never noticed any flex.
These old tins are as tough as tanks !! (figuratively speaking).

good luck in your rebuild !

Yes! This is one of the reasons I decided to stick with the 9.9..... Most of the lakes here in Omaha are no wake anyways.... And no way in hell am I taking a 14ft tin on the Missouri River so....

Yeah, I actually did think about that though, thanks guys.

Latest posts