Outboard year I'd

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lost Pole

Reaction score
ID
Been looking for a bigger outboard for my sacalait boat. Friend a ways out sent me a pin of a 15 he's selling. Couldn't tell me year. Thought this would be best place to ask based on nothing but a picture alone.
Would like to research a lil bf I go look.
Also, if you CAN pinpoint the year by picture alone and have any opinion on the outboard, I'd value that also.
Currently I have a '94 6 hp Yamaha.

b1f0dd075ef108c35c4b92ae761a97b1.jpg

Thanks,
Adam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like about 1989... I haven't heard anything bad about them...

I had one that looked like this one if I remember right and it was a 1992 model.

Looks like 89. How much is he wanting. I just scored a perfect 9.9 for 600. I'm gonna slap my 15 carb on it and run. When it gets warmer that is.

Had one for years. It got used about 5 or 6 times a year on average. Every time, something needed attention, whether it be carburetor, starter rope, fuel pump, lines, plugs, coil went bad at the lake once, kill switch died at the lake too (before getting off the trailer), tiller gears worn out and nearly impossible for an old man (my dad) to turn it, hard to start (hard to pull), etc.

Sold that pile of junk-which had maybe 25 hours total run time on it since new. Every single time it seemed, it wanted to be fed more money in the form of repairs of some sort. The recoil starter was a pain in the butt and that's what I hated so much about it! Ours was a 1990 model, looked identical. Aside from being money hungry it was a "good motor".

Well, my 1976 one spent 6 months at the bottom of a lake. Still running today 10 years later. Very easy motor to work on. I paid 500 bucks 10 years ago. It belonged to the guy's dad who had died. Went for a 2 week fishing trip every summer since new otherwise stored in garage.

Latest posts