Harbor Freight Trailer and 1542 Tracker

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishingeezer

Reaction score
Does anyone know whether the 1542 Tracker Topper will actually FIT on the Harbor Freight Boat Trailer? Also, Would you buy Alumacraft Or Tracker if you had a choice?

I had one of those red Harbor Freight trailers for a 1236 and it seems to me it wasn't any too large for the boat. As you can see in the pics I had the bunks about 18" beyond the trailer frame to support the boat and the front didn't leave much room for the winch/post.

Also I could never get the winch located right. Froggy did it on his HF trailer but never revealed the secret.

Thanks Bobber, I was wondering about that. Maybe I need to look at a better trailer than the Harbor Freight versions. Some people are saying look at the McClain?

I had one also.... It's not terrible, but I've seen so many decent trailers on Craigslist for the same if not less $

Some years ago, I bought one of the McLain 14/17 foot trailers from Academy. Good quality and not too bad of a price. I needed the Galvanized finish for Saltwater.

I did throw away the incandescent trailer lights and replaced them with LEDs right away.

richg99

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/mcclain-14---17-single-axle-aluminum-jon-boat-trailer#repChildCatid=161404