Saw this Today.....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davedude

Reaction score
Bought some aluminum angle and sheet today at a local metal yard. They sell new and they buy scrap. Huge yard and operation. While waiting for my order I spotted a familiar shape about halfway up a small mountain of scrap.

See it?

IMG_20170210_133604038 by mrdaveusa, on Flickr

A closer look......

IMG_20170210_133613387 by mrdaveusa, on Flickr

Man I sure hate to see this. It is not the first one. By the time I notice them they are really crumpled. Maybe I should leave a note with the yard that I would buy the next one for scrap value? Before it gets crumpled.

I have a 14 foot Jon boat in my yard that's on its way to one of those yards...

I had stripped it all out a few years ago... The crate with all the brackets and ribs and hardware I took off of it got lost.. So it's just a shell and has a few little corrosion spots.. Not really worth fooling with..

So that one more than likely wasn't worth saving... You ever know, might've been crushed by a fallen tree or who knows...

But then again, it may have been just fine..

worminken said:
What I am told is they are probably stolen and the scrap yard can't sell them without a title.

I will ask them next time I am there although it probably wont do much good. I have asked other scrap yards to let me know when they get more scrap aluminum angle in and they never call me back..... :(

I guess I can support the more beer cans thing since I have an interest there also :mrgreen:

reelfunnm said:
Hi davedude. That boat looks like it has New Mexico tag on it.

I was wondering about that but had brain-lock. Doh! Thanks, makes sense now. How did it end up in Texas we will never know I guess.

Latest posts