Opinions on a G3 1860cc

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brock42

Reaction score
Thinking about buying a 2010 G3 1860cc with a Yamaha 90 4 stroke and looking for some feedback on this particular boat pros and cons and reliability.

I've never been out on the water in one, but I did research that very model when shopping boats. The G3 and Xpress both made the top of my list equally. Actually the G3 had one feature that made it top the Xpress, but I could not find a new one in stock anywhere near me at the time and the used ones I found were overpriced, so I ended up getting the Xpress. Sea Ark or War Eagle would have been there but budget and availability were problems for them as well.

That one feature? The forward mounted fuel tank. Aside from that the two boats ran neck and neck feature-wise. I would, however, love to have that weight forward in the boat, but I ended up moving my TM batt's forward and got about the same end result.

The 90 ought to push that boat nicely, I've even heard it's on the verge of being too much motor for that hull. I opted for the significantly lighter weight, and cheaper, 70 and haven't regretted it, but I doubt I'd have had any problems with the 90 either.

I have two buddies that run G3's of other models and both use their boats regularly. No problems with them so far.

Thank you for the reply from what I can read it should be a pretty solid boat do you have any idea if it's a riveted hull or welded hull.

they are welded. used to be a three piece contruction d/k if the same now, seen videos when i was looking at them. nice boat just like mentioned before there gas tank placement is questionable especially on the jets.

So is the gas tank in the front or rear in this model. And as far as propping goes do they come propped for best all around performance.

All the 1860CC's I've seen from G3 have the tanks forward, just behind the front deck. I can't speak to the particular boat your are looking at, not sure if that's always been their layout or if it changed at some point. Having that tank forward is a good thing in my opinion. The main thing I fought with my xpress when new was weight distribution with the batt's and fuel all under the rear deck. The tank forward design gets you ahead of that curve.

Every new G3 I've seen is all welded and they seem to be pretty rugged boats. Like anyone holding a significant share of the market, you'll no doubt find reports of problems with them. But once taken in the context of market share that concern is somewhat mitigated. You build enough of anything and there will be a certain amount of problems in manufacturing. Again, it must all be taken in context. If I were to have ran across the right deal at the time I would be running a G3 today.

Latest posts