Small project turned into major overhaul

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just_Chuck

Reaction score
I got bored and thought why not look under the decks and see whats there. Was just going to replace the screws because they rusted out, not a bad plan at all.
Oops! Long story short...replacing screws has turned into:

1.New screws
2.New carpet
3.New wood
4.New foam
5.New storage
6.Modifications here and there
7.New Helix 5 si (Why not)
8.More than likely a New Stereo
9.New circuit breaker panel
10.Many new tools :)
11.New headaches
12.New nicks and cuts on hands
13.New aluminum in bow
14.New live well and cooler drain hoses
15.New seats 4 of them
Etc.....

So far, what my wife doesn't know won't hurt her. And as long as she stays out of the garage I will not need a New family.
I don't have any before pictures but I do have in progress ones.

The link below is to my google drive folder with pictures and video of the project so far:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B55nZGNVJWhcYW9LZEFaYUNCY1E?usp=sharing

Wish me luck!

Chuck

Ahh yes, I once thought that I would just buy an old used boat and replace the carpet. :lol:

As soon as you pull that first screw out, it's all over. What you intend to do in a couple of of weekends turns into a couple of months.

edwonbass said:
Ahh yes, I once thought that I would just buy an old used boat and replace the carpet. [emoji38]

As soon as you pull that first screw out, it's all over. What you intend to do in a couple of of weekends turns into a couple of months.
Definitely more than I thought I would be doing. But, I should be done in a few days, hopefully not months. Fishing starts in April.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

richg99 said:
Ha Ha Looks like my list.

See, fishing all year around sometimes keeps one from starting major projects.

Better MOVE South.

richg99
No way, and give up all this ice and snow?

"Pennsylvania, Pocono mountains "

Brrrrr.... (I lived in Chicago for the first 40 years)

If you choose to put your general location in your Profile, you might find a close-by helping hand or fishing partner some day.

richg99

richg99 said:
"Pennsylvania, Pocono mountains "

Brrrrr.... (I lived in Chicago for the first 40 years)

If you choose to put your general location in your Profile, you might find a close-by helping hand or fishing partner some day.

richg99
Will do as soon as I figure out how to.

Well, not sure what it's cost so far. Not really sure if I want to. But now I have a local fabricator building an aluminum t molding for me because a friend of mine convinced me to do things a little bit differently. That's $50, plus just ordered some stainless piano hinges another $40. Not to mention the $35 I spent on polyethylene foam (which really is a great deal). Or the $5 for new navigation lights. Uggh, I hope the wife doesn't find out.

Most of the old foam I took out looked like this or worse. Easily 100 pounds of worthlessness.
a0103b526bd506093bbd6c0d2071033d.jpg

Found a good source for polyethylene foam. Ebay has a guy sells it precut into several different sizes and thicknesses. Free Shipping! !

Latest posts