Fisher Marine question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rednecknproud21

Reaction score
I am going to look at this boat on Saturday all I know is it's made by Fisher marine it has all aluminum floors front and rear live well. Its 16ft with a 40hp mercury it's a early 1980s boat and motor. The motor ran last spring but hasn't been started yet.
1db1025208ad265d5bdf0e7b9c4cac95.jpg
Any idea about what this boat is worth would be appreciated.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Probably a bunch of little stuff that needs fixing. Motor very important, hear it run, maybe check the compression and/or on the
water test. I have a fisher sv-2, 1989 model, came with johnson 48hp spl, it ran pretty good when I bought it. Paid $1300 for it
about 6 years ago, just for comparison. I know a couple guys with 40hp mercs (4cyl), they had/have a lot of trouble with them.

That boat from what I see.....$800, give or take....

Tim

I have one but it is a jon, rednecknproud21. Mine is a 1989 with a Merc 40hp jet. It's a great boat for me but has had issues that you may wish to look at. Is this a V hull(looks like it) or a jon? Mine had the side console but I took it out and use a tiller. After a bit of use the gunwales started to tear slightly just forward of the transom. The transom was not as beefy as I would have liked for a 40 horse jet and not tall enough so I replaced it with a much stronger all aluminum one. Mine had perhaps 8 or 10 leaky rivets on the ribs so I coated the lower hull with Goop Coat-it to solve the leak problem. I paid $1200(US) for boat and trailer from a guy in Puyallup, WA who was moving and couldn't take it with him. All in all very happy with mine. Not the fastest boat out there but will run in 6 or less inches on plane turns perfectly with no skipping or cavitation and even rides out rough water pretty well if a bit uncomfortably. I use mainly on rivers up here in the PNW.

Like I said, happy with mine but reservations about the transom. Mine was way too weak for the motor it was rated for. Check it out thoroughly.

Well it doesn't look like I'm going to be buying this boat the guys brother said he wanted to buy the boat before I got there. I looked at the boat its on great shape the wife and I both loved the boa. So i guess I will keep looking for another one 16ft deep v boats are hard to find around here and if you do find them people want way to much for them. If I don't find one by the end of the year i will be getting a much newer boat the is a nice alumacraft classic side console at a boat dealer near my house i might have to go look at. If I'm going to finance one might as well get a newer one that doesn't need work. My daughter will be old enough to go fishing next year therefore on the nice days for fishing I won't be stuck at home working on a old boat instead of out enjoying the water and making memories.

Latest posts