Suitable substitute to hydroturf?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catch Release Repeat

Reaction score
Came across this for about 10 dollars a linear foot at 48" wide. Looks very similar to the stuff on tracks around football fields that water leaks to the bottom instead of puddling on top. My concern is that it will get to hot in the summer which is the reason I want to hydro turf my boat. The OD green gets incredibly hot in the summer time. Does anyone have any experience with this product before or have any input?
135d4084321b3c3dcd093ef9ce72c1c6.jpg

https://greatlakesskipper.com/tracker-marine-146201-black-48-inch-non-skid-coated-rubber-boat-cushion-mat-flooring-linear-foot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never used that stuff but can't imagine it is the best for floooring a boat. Probably tough to clean.

You can get hydroturf through PWC Muscle and use the code that is on the banner for 15% off. B stock sheets are pretty cheap and 15% off makes it even cheaper. Shipping was only $20 so I ended up doing my whole 17' boat for like 175.

Target said:
I have never used that stuff but can't imagine it is the best for floooring a boat. Probably tough to clean.

You can get hydroturf through PWC Muscle and use the code that is on the banner for 15% off. B stock sheets are pretty cheap and 15% off makes it even cheaper. Shipping was only $20 so I ended up doing my whole 17' boat for like 175.

Was that with the 3m adhesive? And how clean does the floor have to be to use that. I have grip tape across the boat right now about every foot and a half that I would have to peel off and clean the residue. Not impossible but a pain in the ***. That's a pretty **** good price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Use a plastic putty knife or two to scrape the grip tape. The goal isn't to get the tape up, mostly just to knock down/off any loose stuff. Then wash everything down with soap and water, including painted surface. Peel and stick...once stuck, it's not coming up so get it right the first time. :)

I've installed Hydrotruf and Seadek.

i just installed eva foam puzzle mats on my front deck. covered em with a piece oc close nap carpet. i didnt think the mats would hold up to gouges and nicks. 3m spray adhesive on mats, carpet screwed down w fender washers in strategic spots. shakedown was yesterday worked great.15$ for 6 pc set at wallyworld.get 3-4 yrs out of em ill b happy. i thought about the hydroturf lot of money. even the b sheets. i had enough mats to line storage compartments. my main deck i did a coouple yrs ago. have carpet laid over it too. just lain in . i could sleep on it if i had to and have napped on it. 304 vs 120. good luck

Carpet just doesn't clean up good enough for me. I think of all the blood, slime, and fine silt river mud I get in my boat. Take it to the carwash and it comes right out with the Seadek and looks like brand new.