tm plugs

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipster dufus

Reaction score
my old tm plug receptacle broke. the door that is spring loaded snapped off late last year. exact replacement is 27$. so i went to wallyworld and bought a new set, plug and receptacle. dang if the spring on the door didnt break first time out. anyone reccomend a good set? or ideas for a cover for the old set. i need a rubber plug , maybe like one to fit an old cigarrete lighter plug.thanks

Battery Tender (of all companies) makes a really nice trolling motor plug. I've heard it's pricy, but I'm sure it'll be the last one you ever buy.

mbweimar said:
Battery Tender (of all companies) makes a really nice trolling motor plug. I've heard it's pricy, but I'm sure it'll be the last one you ever buy.

You might be my saving grace....

I bowfish a lot and run 24V trolling motor at high speeds for hours on end. I usually have to replace my trolling motor plug at least once a year because I melt them....literally. I switched to the Marinco plug and thought that would last. It did last a little longer but eventually I melted that one and the 2nd one I installed. I have a 3rd that I was going to install this weekend and after that I was going to hardwire the motor...but that just changed. Just ordered one of the Battery Tender plugs and I'm hopeful that this will last after reading reviews.

Thanks!

Got my Battery Tender brand TM plug in the mail yesterday. This plug is in a different manufacturing league than the other plugs I have used. It's heavy and well made. I am very optimistic about this one and I hope it solves the headaches I have every year with TM plugs melting. Can't wait to install it.

I use a cb in the back like this one for disconnect: https://www.ebay.com/itm/VLYNX-VCB60-Minn-Kota-Comp-Trolling-Motor-60-Amp-Resettable-Fuse-Circuit-Breaker-/301777826687 and use split bolt connectors straight wired at the front, no plug

I just added this $10.00 - 60 amp circuit breaker setup. It is connected at the battery to the wires that lead to my bow mounted 55 lb. MinnKota trolling motor. 60 amps is the suggested breaker for this unit.

I guess if I was melting plugs (never had that issue)...I'd wire one of these in place of the plug. You can flip the switch to turn off the juice...as opposed to unplugging the TM.

Of course, you couldn't easily remove the TM from the boat. Also, there just might be some electrical leakage, too. Unplugging a plug is the safest and best...but...melting plugs would cause me to look at other options, also.

richg99

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FNUI3PQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

31XOl6jvJ9L.jpg

Latest posts