Seat Mount Question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hdavis821

Reaction score
I am looking to mount my seat in my 14' Jon boat and wanting advise on how to secure the seat to the plywood? Screws or T-nuts or toggle bolts?

hdavis821 said:
I am looking to mount my seat in my 14' Jon boat and wanting advise on how to secure the seat to the plywood? Screws or T-nuts or toggle bolts?
What kind of seat is it? Swivel? Fixed mount?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Those low swivels are nearly impossible. You have enough room to get a nut on it and that's about it. I used 1/4"x20 flat head ss bolts with locking type nuts and screwed it to plywood from underneath. Also used three pieces of 3/4" plywood about 6x6 inch to keep it from scraping.

I am looking at a swivel seat. But I have been looking at several different places to mount it. One is place the mount in front of the bench seat on the plywood but I worried about it being sturdy enough or mount the plate to the plywood which is attached to the bench seat.

I'm going to move mine now that I see how close it is to the tiller handle when I swivel around. But the added height works just right.

Latest posts