Finding replacement boat cover

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire1386

Reaction score
This year I need to replace the boat cover on my Basstracker Pro17. Last year at the end I had to start using a second tarp over top of it to keep deck dry. It has been repatched several times and sprayed on waterproofing several times but the fabric is deteriorating to the point of replacement. Can't complain, original cover from 92....:) Current house it has to sit outside in driveway during the spring, summer and fall. Looking for recommendations.....:) I have been looking at the following......https://www.boatcoversdirect.com/products/boat_covers/_55/PRO_17_1441/ .....the sunbrealla looks like it should hold up from the sun for a pretty good amount of time.

FWIW my boats are moored 24/7 and exposed to full sun and weather on salt waters from May to Oct. sunbrella and 'top gun' fabrics (another acrylic material) have both held up really well.

I do find that a good cleaning periodically keeps it looking much nicer and is much easier & faster to do it 'routinely' versus letting the crap build up and then giving it an overdue "Oh, crap I better clean that cover ..." cleaning.

Thanks Dale, and yes I agree, keeping it clean prolongs its life.....:)

Fire1386 said:
This year I need to replace the boat cover on my Basstracker Pro17. Last year at the end I had to start using a second tarp over top of it to keep deck dry. It has been repatched several times and sprayed on waterproofing several times but the fabric is deteriorating to the point of replacement. Can't complain, original cover from 92....:) Current house it has to sit outside in driveway during the spring, summer and fall. Looking for recommendations.....:) I have been looking at the following......https://www.boatcoversdirect.com/products/boat_covers/_55/PRO_17_1441/ .....the sunbrealla looks like it should hold up from the sun for a pretty good amount of time.

Good afternoon Fire1386 -

It looks like you have already done your homework and found your cover! We do offer our fellow TinBoat members an additional 10% discount off the online prices, so be sure to give me a call when you're ready to place your order or if you have any questions!

Thanks
Shannon with Boat Covers Direct
1-866-626-8377
[email protected]

Thanks BoatCoversandBimini. I have not chosen the definite cover yet for the replacement. I did just this evening take a look at your website and at the best cover listed.....:) The website states for a tracker Pro17, years 13-15. Mine is a 1992.....:) Not sure of the difference in years. I appreciate the 10% offer to members here. I am more than likely going to go with one made of Sunbrella Acrylic for the UV protection and the 10 year warranty.

Fire1386 said:
Thanks BoatCoversandBimini. I have not chosen the definite cover yet for the replacement. I did just this evening take a look at your website and at the best cover listed.....:) The website states for a tracker Pro17, years 13-15. Mine is a 1992.....:) Not sure of the difference in years. I appreciate the 10% offer to members here. I am more than likely going to go with one made of Sunbrella Acrylic for the UV protection and the 10 year warranty.

Hello again! I apologize for the delay in getting back to you but for some reason, I did not receive a notification that you had replied. Here's what I've found:

I see 2 custom options listed - one for the 1990-1995 Tracker Pro 17 and one for a 2013-2017 Tracker Pro 170 side console with a Trolling motor. I believe your boat would fall within the first listing, years 1990-1995. Here is a link to this cover:

https://www.boatcoversdirect.com/products/boat_covers/_55/PRO_17_1441/

I checked with Carver, the manufacturer of the cover, and this custom cover allows for a standard 12 volt factory mounted trolling motor and finished with an attached outboard motor pocket. Your price for this cover in Sunbrella with the TinBoats discount is $447.21. The cover will come with 12 tie down straps and a free storage bag. It will ship for Free within the contiguous US.

Let me know if you have any other questions or when you're ready to place your order and I'm happy to help you further!

Sincerely
1-866-626-8377
[email protected]

Thanks, I will let you know when I am ready to order. Shouldn't be long...:)

Talked to Shannon today, very easy to deal with. Cover is ordered, suppose to be here by Monday April 3rd, or possibly Saturday April 1st since FedEx Home delivers on Saturday in our area. Will post more on this once it is received and placed on the boat.....:)

Fire1386 said:
Talked to Shannon today, very easy to deal with. Cover is ordered, suppose to be here by Monday April 3rd, or possibly Saturday April 1st since FedEx Home delivers on Saturday in our area. Will post more on this once it is received and placed on the boat.....:)
Thanks so much for your order. I look forward to hearing how the cover fits! Have a great weekend!

Thanks
1-866-626-8377
[email protected]

It arrived today, Tuesday in great shape. The cover is a wider in the middle of the cover than my old one. I will need to make some type of support for the center to keep the cover taught in the middle so it doesn't puddle there. The tag on it says for a skiff, which I am sure is close to what my 92 Basstracker pro17 size. I temporarily put to plastic cover poles in the middle but really don't care for how that looks, still have some slack areas, so will play with it more tomorrow.

Fire1386 said:
It arrived today, Tuesday in great shape. The cover is a wider in the middle of the cover than my old one. I will need to make some type of support for the center to keep the cover taught in the middle so it doesn't puddle there. The tag on it says for a skiff, which I am sure is close to what my 92 Basstracker pro17 size. I temporarily put to plastic cover poles in the middle but really don't care for how that looks, still have some slack areas, so will play with it more tomorrow.

Hey Fire1386 -

I'm glad to hear you have received the cover in great condition, but would like to help you remove the slack you're explaining. If you will, please email me a couple of full images showing the cover installed to [email protected]. I'd love to help you get this cover fitting nicely!

Thanks
1-866-626-8377
https://www.boatcoversdirect.com/

Will Do as soon as I can. This morning when I got off duty it has about 2 inches of snow sitting on it.....:( Shouldn't last long since it is suppose to be in the 70's here this weekend.

Fire1386 said:
Will Do as soon as I can. This morning when I got off duty it has about 2 inches of snow sitting on it.....:( Shouldn't last long since it is suppose to be in the 70's here this weekend.
SNOW??? That sounds terrible!! Hahaha! And no problem at all, just get back with me when you can.

Thanks
1-866-626-8377
[email protected]

Sure, rub it in Shannon. :) I suppose you never get the white stuff there...lol

Jethro, I haven't forgotten about your requests for pics. Had family in hospital and just now getting back to working on it. I made a PVC frame to sit on the seat poles of the tracker seats and I am just playing with the height of it to get to where it fits very well. I have no complaints about the cover itself. Right after I put it on, the next day I was on duty and when I got off about 2 inches of snow was sitting on it with no issues. It has rained here several times hard and no issues with the cover itself. Removed the cover today and carpet dry all over. Today I finally got to work on it a bit after getting back and it is close, but it appears the center of the PVC rack will need to be and inch or so higher than the ends to truly fit the cover well. Thursday when I get back home off duty I will try raising the middle up higher and see if that does the trick. Right now I have ropes running from one side to the other and around the PVC frame supporting the cover from sagging in an area in the middle. I would prefer not to have to use the ropes at all and once I get the frame height set hopefully won't have to use the ropes.

Fire1386 said:

Fire1386-

I look forward to the pictures. In the meantime please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Thanks
1-866-626-8377
[email protected]

Latest posts