plugging livewell intake and drain holes

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randyo3629

Reaction score
removed the livewell plumbing in my tracker guide v16. need ideas in plugging the holes in the lower transom.
ive found some rubber expansion plugs (freeze plugs) that fit perfectly and can be cranked down pretty tight.
they are above the bottom of the hull, so i dont think i have to worry about a stump knocking them loose.
i know that welding in a plug or disc over the holes would be the thing to do, but im trying to save the expense.

anybody tried this idea? or have another idea.
looking for cons (other than losing one on the water)
thanks

If you're plugging a through-hull fitting, go for it. If you're blanking a hole in sheet metal, I suspect the rubber plug might get cut by the sheet. That said, I used well-nuts in sheet metal with no problems on a car roof.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Mark_Fisher said:
If you're plugging a through-hull fitting, go for it. If you're blanking a hole in sheet metal, I suspect the rubber plug might get cut by the sheet. That said, I used well-nuts in sheet metal with no problems on a car roof.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

the holes are 1 1/8" and 1" the plugs are like an expanding drain plug, pulling against the inside of the inner wall when the bolt is tightened. i don't know about it cutting the rubber since it won't be rotating.
do you know of any nutted pcv fitting that will work? kind of like a pipe plug.

Latest posts