Boat Seat sugggestions for Tinboat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jyu87

Reaction score
To preface - Have a 1448 Tracker Grizzly

Looking for a better boat seat (I like to stand) that will support my back as I fish for hours. I know I have seen the seats/rests that go vertical(supports lower back) and horizontal(sit on) but i can't seem to narrow it down on the net. Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Suggestions also welcome! Thanks in advance! pic for visual of deck space

Attachments

• IMG_4713.JPG
    IMG_4713.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 767
I use a pro tilt bracket with a with a pro casting seat...because I'm just so pro, hahaha.

s-l300.jpg

adf9d246-2b57-4436-be88-432a9b8e114d_1.ec0e803672917f5287eb1790b7d98134.jpeg

I have one of these. It's great for leaning on.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/Control-Post-Pedestal-Seat-System/737129.uts?productVariantId=1197536&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=00014145&rid=20&gclid=CIj42M_F99ICFQeSaQode50IFg&gclsrc=aw.ds

download.png

RiverBottomOutdoors said:

https://www.cabelas.com/product/Control-Post-Pedestal-Seat-System/737129.uts?productVariantId=1197536&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=00014145&rid=20&gclid=CIj42M_F99ICFQeSaQode50IFg&gclsrc=aw.ds

I been eying this up for a bit now, it's not all that bad of a price but for a bit more I could get a power rise post and a match tempress casting seat. What do you like about it? How tall are you? There's like no reviews on them anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catch Release Repeat said:
RiverBottomOutdoors said:

I been eying this up for a bit now, it's not all that bad of a price but for a bit more I could get a power rise post and a match tempress casting seat. What do you like about it? How tall are you? There's like no reviews on them anywhere

I like it. I'm 5'7" and it is only a leaning post for me. A 6' tall guy may be able to sit on it, but my opinion is that it's meant for leaning only. If you like to sit and stand in equal measure, I think a casting seat with the leaning cushion on the back would probably be better. If you only stand, this leaning post is very nice. The big pad is contoured so that it fits nicely on your back and offers a lot of support. It has a small footprint vs a seat so it takes up less room and keeps you closer to the center of the boat. I've had it for about 5 years and the cylinder charge is still like new.

I like it. I'm 5'7" and it is only a leaning post for me. A 6' tall guy may be able to sit on it, but my opinion is that it's meant for leaning only. If you like to sit and stand in equal measure, I think a casting seat with the leaning cushion on the back would probably be better. If you only stand, this leaning post is very nice. The big pad is contoured so that it fits nicely on your back and offers a lot of support. It has a small footprint vs a seat so it takes up less room and keeps you closer to the center of the boat. I've had it for about 5 years and the cylinder charge is still like new.[/quote]

I'm about six feet tall and not looking to sit. I've got sears on the bench for that. By the time I got a pedestal, base, and seat I'd be into it for about 60 bucks more. Not exactly a huge difference but looks like a good bang for my buck. It's between this and a tempress casting seat to match my other two and can't decide. I like the small footprint.

Latest posts