Mokai anyone?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazyboat

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.mokai.com/mokai-es-kape/

7 HP jet engine, Subaru powered, electric start, 21 MPH with a kid, 17 MPH @ 170 lbs 13 MPH w 200 Lbs.

A little wide to use with a paddle but it's small enough to throw in the back of a Toyota.

sonny.barile said:
Did you have to show me that? Now I want one. :LOL2:
Ahh allure of a new toy! I'd pick one up but I'm afraid there's not enough back support for me.

Sonny, when's a good day to grab a bite at the diner? If you free for breakfast one day let me know.

Dave

$5,400.00, plus shipping, no doubt.

I don't know who prices these things, nor who buys them. I know that I am a cheapskate, but I think the majority of boaters/fishermen that I know aren't going to pay that much for a powered kayak.

Heck, I can add a trolling motor and a battery onto almost any yak for $200.00. Yaks can be bought for $300.00 to $1000's.

A jon boat is less than $5,400.00.

I just don't get it. Of course, there are xx amount of people who have more money than they need, but they are not in the majority.

Bet it doesn't make it ....on price alone. richg99

richg99 said:

I don't know who prices these things, nor who buys them. I know that I am a cheapskate, but I think the majority of boaters/fishermen that I know aren't going to pay that much for a powered kayak.

Heck, I can add a trolling motor and a battery onto almost any yak for $200.00. Yaks can be bought for $300.00 to $1000's.

I just don't get it. Of course, there are xx amount of people who have more money than they need, but they are not in the majority.

Mokai have been around since 1997 so I would say they have already 'made' it unlike a lot of other US industries.

richg99 said:

I agree the price is high for me, but when you think about costs they must be pretty high. His hull design is unique to his product, Product research and development on a small scale product is expensive, over the years they've gone from a 5 HP to a 6 and now a 7 HP. Once they hit the mark they want they can tool up and perhaps lower production costs, but then he'll want to make more profit, having invested so much in the past.

I doubt mounting an electric motor on a yak will get you up on plane and if it does keep you there for a period of time like this does. This thing can get you to a spot on a fast moving river and hold your spot for you.

I'm fairly comfortable with money, but this would certainly be a lux item for me, I can get a solid jet ski for a few K more or like you said a jon boat with a 15 to take me where I want to go. This is the latest for the man that has pretty much everything IMO.

Latest posts