1993 Bass Tracker Pro 17

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slider93

Reaction score
So I bought my first fishing boat yesterday which will also be my first boat rebuild. I am having trouble finding information on my specific year including specs, parts available, etc. I will need to replace the carpet and when I look up carpet kits they have them for 1989 versions and 1997 versions but I don't find anything on the years in between. Is the 89 Pro 17 the same as mine?
A little background, I found this boat in a backyard and it hadn't been covered or ran since 2015. The boat hull, trailer, and motor are great but the interior (for lack of a better word) is in need. I know I need new seats, most likely carpet (I'll know more once I can pressure wash what's in there and see if it will come clean at all) and might need to replace some wood. But for $800 I couldn't pass it up.
Any help for this first time owner and fixer Upper would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0349.JPG
    IMG_0349.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 1,681
$800.00 was a steal.....:) I have a 92 version. As far as true carpet kits, I don't know any for that year right off. I believe most by rolls of carpet and make their own. This video may help a little, it doesn't go into great detail on how, just shows the process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAdOeewzrPY

There are numerous tracker rebuilds here in the forums that have a lot of helpful information in them. As always, it seems most of us here like pictures of the process from start to finish, which may help others out who haven't started yet. If you are going to gut the inside, might as well take the time to check on the foam condition under the flooring and any leaking rivets in the hull. Good luck!

Thank you. I'll take pictures. I'm hoping that I can get the inside dried out to really see what needs done. I'm guessing the wood is pretty waterlogged having not had a cover on it for two years. Will that dry?

The wood will but chances are the foam behind it will be water logged. If you have a transfer station or someplace with a scale you could take it & figure out roughly what the boat weighs in its current condition & compare to the manufacturer's specs. If it's wildly higher you're carrying around excess water weight.

Silly question I'm sure, but does the foam run the entire length of the boat or is it only in the main floor area?

https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=42717&start=15#p431072

The pictures on the 2nd page of that thread should be pretty close to the layout of the foam in your boat.

Latest posts