Alumacraft Jon Boat Seat Clamp

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonny.barile

Reaction score
Anybody use the Alumacraft Jon Boat Seat Clamp sold by one of the sponsors A.K. McCallum?

https://www.akmccallumco.com/store-seatacess.htm

I want to know if it holds good enough for someone to sit on the seat that would be attached to it while underway.

My boat has the full aluminum bunk with a lip on each side.

It would be nice to use something like this so I don't have to put holes in the bench top.

I am currently looking at this same Alumacraft Jon Boat seat clamp. It seems like it would be a secure attachment to the bench because of the way it grips the bench lips both front and back. My Alumacraft Jon is the 1236 and the AFT bench is 18" wide while the FWD bench is 16" wide. akmccallumco.com only has the 16" clamp currently so I am going to try it.

My existing seat clamps are OK but are subject to loosening due to the 2 ½ mile rough dirt road to get to my favorite lake. I've set the hook on a nice bass and nearly fell out of the boat when the seat clamp came loose unexpectedly. And forget about getting it secured once your out on the water.

So I am going to buy the 16" clamp for the FWD bench and see if they will back order the 18" seat clamp for the AFT bench. I have not seen any other seat clamp that would work better.

I’ve been able to use the Alumacraft Jon Boat Seat Clamp sold by AKMcCallumCo and can report that they are solid. The sales guy at AK said that the 18” model will fit both benches in my Jon and he was right. I am very happy with these seat clamps. If you have an Alumacraft Jon boat do not waste your time or money with any other seat clamp. These work!!!

my dad has them, or at least very very similar (Look identical to me?). I hate them. He is not in his boat often enough to like or dislike them. They move around. The one on the rear bench, when you throttle up to get up on plane, the clamp moves around and you feel like you're fixing to fall out. Seats need to be mounted solidly.

Hey Turbo,
Sorry to hear about the problems you’re experiencing with the Alumacraft Jon Boat Seat Clamps. One thing I did over and above the installation instructions was to apply double nuts (steel nylon locking nuts) to prevent any loosening. I have to drive 2.5 miles over a really rough dirt road to get to my lake and so far everything is still tight. My other seat clamps would just shimmy right off the bench. The formed lips and the double nuts keep my Alumacraft Jon Boat seat clamps tight.

Hope this helps!

AnylakeAZ

They're tight but remember they're just a clamp. When you put a bunch of weight on one, and accelerate (or decelerate) with weight on it, it's gonna move which is what we experience. Definitely not confidence inspiring. I went over to the place I used to work at and bought some leftover seat mount extrusions that I will weld into his boat when I get a half a chance. Those clamps are a joke, dangerous even.