Which boat to buy???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cj41foley

Reaction score
I'm wanting a flat bottom to fish some shallow creeks. Trying to decide between a Tracker Topper 1542, G3 1436 or a Weldbilt 1248. The Tracker and G3 are riveted boats and the Weldbilt is welded. I have a 15 horsepower tiller steer already. Not going to be jumping stumps or abusing the boat. The Tracker and G3 are very close in price and the Weldbilt is about $500 more. Any opinions from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

Longer and wider boats give more room for people and gear and are more stable.

Not sure if they have improved, but if you google tracker boat problems, you could spend all night reading of many issues with Trackers.

I understand about longer and wider having more room and being more stable. I have a 20' Glastron bowrider and a 20' SeaArk. I'm just wanting a small creek boat. The SeaArk has a deep v and is like a barge. Can't take it in some of the places that I'm wanting to go. From the research that I have done on jon boats they all have their problems.

I had a buddy who had 2 kinds of trackers. He had an all welded one and a riveted v14. The welded one popped 2 welds in 2 years. One in the hull and one in the transom. On his riveted one, not too bad of a boat other than rivets. He popped a few on the water line of the hull but once he replaced them and rebucked all the others he never had any other issues. My perception of tracker and grizzly hulls are that they are just cheaply made. Quality control sucks. And the thing that sucks the most, is tracker customer service. They wouldn't do anything for him on the 2 cracks. Don't turn your head from riveted though. It allows the hull to flex and allow stress points to move. I'd replace a rivet over fixing a cracked weld. But I do hear weldbuilt boats are great hulls! I got a lot of duck friends that have them. It all comes down to how much you want to spend! Whichever route you take I would go with something other than a tracker. There are just better options you could go with. Just my 2 cents though!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

a larger boat will also draw less water. (in a perfect world, when they all weigh the same)

Latest posts