Added a "kneeling pad" to my tinny this morning.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richg99

Reaction score
As anyone who owns a tinboat knows, when you kneel on the fore-deck to get off & onto your trailer, that metal decking can get H O T !!!

In the past, I've kept an extra towel around. Throwing it on the deck kept the skin on my old knees. But, forgetful as I can be, that towel was often at the stern of the tinny when I was on the bow.

This week, I replaced the floor mats in my van. The driver side mat was chewed up but the passenger side mat was as pristine as the day I bought it.

A few cuts with a razor knife; four SS screws with SS decorative washers; a few dabs of caulk, and I now have a permanent kneeling pad. Pictures are below.

regards, richg99

Attachments

• IMG_20170409_112947.jpg
    IMG_20170409_112947.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 601
  • IMG_20170409_114851.jpg
    IMG_20170409_114851.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 601
I have been thinking I need to do some sort of pad on my front deck. When I am picking up duck decoys I typically kneel on the front deck picking them up and running the trolling motor. After picking up a couple dozen decoys my knees are sore. Just haven't decided how I should do it. I was thinking maybe some closed cell foam under some carpet might work.

My little addition had its first use today. Worked fine, though, I now wish that it was bigger.

There was one point where I had to get both knees on that deck. Had it been a sunny, hot day, one knee might have been scorched.

If I find the right material (your idea may work), I'll remove this one and replace it with a larger pad.

richg99

Latest posts