Tracker 1542 Build Questions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jezreel

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

New to the forum, as I now am a Tin Boat Owner! ! !

I bought a 1 year old Tracker 1542 with a Tohatsu 20HP engine. Boat was Only in the water a few times. Owner is being transferred with his job, and the boat had to go. I have stripped the boat of his preferred "improvements," and am ready to make it my own. I will be building a deck on the front, and a floor in the back. I have quite a few questions, but only two right now.

It shouldn't take me too long building the deck and floor, and I have questions about the carpet. I have used the search function till I am blue in the face, bat cannot come up with a thread about what type of carpet to use. I like the grey color i see so often, and it is a Tin Boat, so I don't want to spend an arm and a leg. I found some cheap stuff at lowes for .50 cents per sq/ft. I'm sure that will work, but I would love some input on the best bang for the buck, and where to get it.

Second question is. . . Glue it to the deck, or staple it. Gluing it would be best, but what about if or when I have to replace it? Stapling it seems like it would be a little loose as it stretches.

That's it for now. . .

Pics will come as the build progresses.

Thanks for your help,

jp

Attachments

• IMG_1247.JPG
    IMG_1247.JPG
    187.8 KB · Views: 635
I bought indoor outdoor carpet from home depot .com. 20 dollars for a roll of it. Not sure in the size but it took two rolls to do my 18ft nitro with plenty left over before I sold it and bout my tin. I glued it and staples it to make it right. Turned out pretty good. My idea was to do it right so it would last me and I would have to replace it but if I did it wouldn't be that bad. But that's what I did. You might go a different route...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1491939825243.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1491939825243.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 623
Thanks for the info. I have seen the rolls of that carpet. What type of glue did you use?

It was a five gallon bucket of carpet glue. I bought it at hd want to say for 20 or 30 dollars but I can't remember the name. I sold it with the boat. Sorry I'm not much help on the specifics. But I think it was outdoor rated...

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Latest posts