Bow mount trolling motor on 14' gregor?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey805

Reaction score
Hey guys - I'm trying to figure out a way to mount a trolling motor (either transom mount or bow mount) on the bow of my 14' gregor. I use the boat for multiple purposes so I don't want to weld anything up there. At certain times I of the year I need the bow totally open like it is in the pics now. Looking for some type of bracket or something I can bolt or clamp on maybe, that could be removed later?

Currently I have a transom mount trolling motor and it sucks for trying to bass fish. I just recently built the platform for the deck up front which came out really nice but need to be able to drive the boat from up there too.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2088.JPG
    IMG_2088.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,382
  • IMG_2089.JPG
    IMG_2089.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,382
  • IMG_9566.JPG
    IMG_9566.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 1,382
This is how I mounted mine. Cut out a piece of wood to fit in that little triangle spot at the bow. Just bolt it all down good

31d82dc2bf43e1f170590fd110404258.jpg

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Sorry just saw you need to keep it open. Can you just bolt down on that little aluminum triangle piece you have? I'd be comfortable with 4 bolts on your boat

I'm in the same situation...I removed the small nose piece and cut a new larger one from ply. I still haven't mounted it yet but I'm working on it.

Just measure from your gunwale where you are going to mount it, down to your trailer. That's what I did. Man, looking at your pictures, I'm pretty jealous of your boat. It's nice! Any plans for a possible build?

Why not just mount a clamp on transom mount trolling motor on the bow? Use plywood to level it out so that it sits straight and then just turn the control head around.

VAbassin said:
Just measure from your gunwale where you are going to mount it, down to your trailer. That's what I did. Man, looking at your pictures, I'm pretty jealous of your boat. It's nice! Any plans for a possible build?

Thanks. I don't really have any plans, just did it one step at a time.

Joey805 said:
VAbassin said:

Thanks. I don't really have any plans, just did it one step at a time.
Yea I get that. That's where it all starts! Boats are addicting lol

Latest posts