Missed a keeper

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

water bouy

Reaction score
I'm sure this has happened to everyone. Cruising craigslist per usual and came across this Lowe 1993 16ft 1666WT deep v two states away, the kind of boat I've been wanting. When I called it had just sold but I managed to save two of the 3 pics before he took it down. Electric start motor, boat, trailer = $1500.

XdX5nf9l.jpg

WOK68CTl.jpg

Yep....kick myself every day too.

2011 CL ad said guy local (~15 minutes away) had a 2007 Pro Craft 20' dual console, 150 Yamaha V-max. Said he used it when he bought it new in 2008, used it again in 09 twice all year, and he got sick-and the rig sat about 2 years. Guy died and his son took the boat, used it and holed the #6 piston due to clogged carb, needed powerhead. He was sick. The boat reminded him of his father so he put it on the market, $1100 for the entire rig including fishing rods and some tackle. I seen the ad and couldn't get in the truck fast enough, called while on the way, get there and another truck is pulling out of the drive with it on the ball. Sold already. That thing had under 10 hours use on it, was spotless inside and out best I could tell.

Got back home, heartbroken, got back on CL and seen another ad for a 15' Tidecraft, 90hp Mariner. Smaller than the ProCraft but big enough to comfortably fish two. Bought that rig for less money but it needed a lot of work. Got it worked over and re-carpeted and kept it for a few years. Good boat but it wouldn't go places I needed to go, so I dumped it and went back to a tin boat.

Latest posts