Anyone have a source for this style hinge?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardwoodcd

Reaction score
I'd like to use this style hinge so I don't have to drill/ screw into the end "grain" of my 1/2" material. I've only found one source on eBay and they are $40 each!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170512-154219.jpg
    Screenshot_20170512-154219.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 931
yes - they are expensive

you just have to dig through the quagmire to find the best price + shipping

2nd option is like Weldor suggests . . . . buy a 2" aluminum piano hinge and take it
to a metal shop to have it bent for you.

my metal shop charges $5 per bend or cut.
you can cut it yourself with a hacksaw - just have the whole length bent at one time.

what kind of frame do you have for the decking ??
photos of your rig as to the point you are now
may help the gallery with some options.

one option would be to use a 1-1/4" flat hinge and furring strips
glued under the deck and hatch edges for support (as shown).
Hatch Mount.jpg

or - the "offset" design
Hatch Hinge.jpg

44" long is not outrageous for $38... How many inches do you need them to be ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-44-x-2-Inch-16-Gauge-Stainless-Boat-Piano-Hinge-Single-/192041189490?hash=item2cb68c0072:g:XVwAAOSwEzxYPzHv&vxp=mtr

Welderthemagnificent, thanks for the McMaster-Carr website! I just made an order with them for some things I didn't even know I wanted!

Johnny, I'm going for the offset diagram you have

I also ordered one of the $40 hinges to see if it's what I'm looking for. Also ordered a 48" continuous hinge to see if I can bend it.

Thanks guys!

hardwoodcd said:
Welderthemagnificent, that's for the McMaster-Carr website! I just made an order with them for some things I didn't even know I wanted!
Thanks guys!

That's the beauty of McMaster-Carr! Has to be the world's biggest hardware store.
I regularly visit a site, and one of the posters has a tag line the says, "Heaven can wait, when I die, I want to go to McMaster-Carr."

Roger

I just found some double offset hinges like this at greatlakesskipper.com
Mine are spare parts for a Tracker and are $15 each.

Thanks everyone for the heads up on McMaster-Carr... I'm in heaven!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Doc Arroyo said:
I just found some double offset hinges like this at greatlakesskipper.com
Mine are spare parts for a Tracker and are $15 each.

That is exactly where the hinge I found was from. But the one I found was 44" long and $38. Whay was the size of the $15 hinge?

Mcmaster Carr is nice... but too expensive.. I used to use them all the time at work.. lately I can find almost everything on ebay... Ebay is really turning into a powerhouse... Amazon must be feeling it...

Latest posts