18' Jon Boat Cover

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baby John

Reaction score
Trying to find a cover for my boat. I consider my boat a Jon Boat but it does have a console and seats and is quite large. I've seen Jon Boat covers for sale but just can't find any that really seem to fit the way my boat is set up. Cover needs to be for a boat with a flat front like mine and obviously long enough for my boat (18') and wide enough (6'-4") but also has to have enough room to fit over my console and seats and trolling motor.

Here's a picture of my boat. Anyone have any recommendations? Not really looking for the premium priced covers. Just something that will fit the boat. Boat stays inside my shop, but I like to keep the dust out of it if it's parked inside my shop while I'm working on other things.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,156
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 1,154
Boat Covers Direct are TinBoats.net sponsors. There is a link to their site under the Sponsors section. They carry a line of Carver "Flex Fit" covers which are kind of generic fit based on boat type and length. Prices are shown on the site. I have one of the Carver Flex Fit covers and am very happy with it.

PS: That is a nice boat. Don't blame you for wanting to keep it covered.

Thanks LDUBS.

I went to their site and their site seems to indicate they would have the perfect cover for my boat, but I don't see my set up available in any of their selection criteria so I sent them a message. Maybe they'll steer me in the right direction.

Thanks again.

From what I've read here, their customer support is pretty good. Hope it works out for you.

Alternatively, you could get some fish guts & blood all over the boat so you don't have to worry about covering it anymore. Hahah.

LDUBS said:
From what I've read here, their customer support is pretty good. Hope it works out for you.

Alternatively, you could get some fish guts & blood all over the boat so you don't have to worry about covering it anymore. Hahah.

Man I hate to beat up on a sponsor, but their site is very misleading. This is what's posted under their jon boat category of boat covers.

Do you have a jon boat which needs a cover? Whether you have a poly-jon boat made by Pelican, or a traditional jon style bass boat made by Alumacraft or Bass Tracker, we have the cover you need to protect your boat! Boat Covers Direct has covers available for most all jon boats including Lund, Ranger, Alweld, Xpress, Smokercraft, G3, Polar Kraft, and more!
Our covers are made to allow for standard features found on jon boats such as bow mounted trolling motors, pedestal seats, outboard motors, depth finders, and side or center consoles (when applicable).

They even have a picture of a boat that appears very similar to my boat.

I contacted their customer support to ask why I couldn't find the cover for my boat, and they responded "sorry, we don't sell a cover for your boat". I replied "Are you sure?" and sent them a copy of the text that is on their website. They came right back with "yes..sorry...nothing for your boat".

Storage inside you say? How about a $10-15 blue tarp ... seriously, don't over-think it man ...

Place 4 recycled 1-gallon water jugs on each side of boat, spaced so you don't need to move them to back boat in or out. Affix lines to 4-points each side, using wire 'S'-hook to grommet or jug. Simple ...

DaleH said:
Storage inside you say? How about a $10-15 blue tarp ... seriously, don't over-think it man ...

Place 4 recycled 1-gallon water jugs on each side of boat, spaced so you don't need to move them to back boat in or out. Affix lines to 4-points each side, using wire 'S'-hook to grommet or jug. Simple ...

I know...

My buddies poke fun of me all the time for doing just that. Just my personality I guess. I don't mind the jokes. It's kinda my thing to "over think" stuff.

Huh, that doesn't sound good. Seems they should have a "one size fits all" type for Jon boats.

Take a look at the link below. Seems something like this might be just what you are looking for. I have no idea what this cost. Just in case the link doesn't work, it was posted on 10/9/2016 under the Boat House section. Title was Carver Boat Cover (or something close to that). I'm not affiliated in any way with these guys. Just sorry they couldn't help you.

https://www.forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=41854

Latest posts