Wobbly seats?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrdrh99

Reaction score
Ok guys, I have these. Shorelander pin style bases, 11" pedestals, and seats (w/ the pin bases). Now, I'm a big guy, 6'1",285~ . But these seats feel wobbly, not really to the point that I'm going to fall out, but uncomfortable at times. Is it just that I went with a cheaper brand?

Now I'll admit, clearance at Walmart....I just picked up 2 more pedestals for $3 each, and bases for $7. So I can't complain, just wondering if this is normal?

Edit....shoreline.... Not shorelander!

They should not be wobbly - how secure is your base? is the base flexing where it is attached to the deck?

I took diamond plate and used that to make a very secure area to mount the base to on my boat - as well as through the framing below - putting a large guy on a pole with a six inch bottom you need it to be rock solid

The base is very secure, I rock back and forth and all the wobble is in between the base and pedestal. Seems like maybe the bushing is a bit small for the pin? Idk, can't complain for the price but was just wondering if it was a common problem

mrdrh99 said:
The base is very secure, I rock back and forth and all the wobble is in between the base and pedestal. Seems like maybe the bushing is a bit small for the pin? Idk, can't complain for the price but was just wondering if it was a common problem

It might be since you have purchased the least expensive version possible. Mine does not wobble at all

Try taking teflon tape to threads in the loose area to see if it will tighten - if it does maybe find a way to shim the bushing with something more permanent

If you have screw in pedestals like mine they may be unscrewing a little and rocking by sitting up on the threads like mine are doing they are swivel ease and I'm fixing to cut the freeking threads off so they will stay pushed all the way down. No matter how hard I screw them in when you swivel back and forth fishing they unscrew. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's had this problem. Don't know why they need to be screwed in anyway.

skipper123 said:
If you have screw in pedestals like mine they may be unscrewing a little and rocking by sitting up on the threads like mine are doing they are swivel ease and I'm fixing to cut the freeking threads off so they will stay pushed all the way down. No matter how hard I screw them in when you swivel back and forth fishing they unscrew. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's had this problem. Don't know why they need to be screwed in anyway.

do the clicky thing
Loctite

Latest posts