Be honest, how much would you sell this for?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrdrh99

Reaction score
Ok.... My boat is a 14" 1967 creastliner. 1988 9.9 Johnson with e start. A Minn Kota 30# troller on the back, a Minn Kota 42# power drive auto pilot on the front. I'm including 1 lowrance elite 4xhdi. Working nav lights and 600gph bilge pump, all hooked up to a 4 gang switch. The battery is brand new 109ah marine deep cycle. Anchor with pulley. New 3 gallon gas tank and new hose. Trailer is also dated to 1967 but pulls very well and lights work well. Both boat and trailer paperwork is in my name and up to date!

So... Deal is, I've slowly been trading up and my next boat I want to be a 16ft deep v so I can comfortably fit the family for fun cruises, and more than enough room for serious fishing.

I'm thinking of listing for $2250 and taking offers from there. Really need at minimum $1750.

And thoughts?

Could take some of the goodies off and save them for the next boat. Sounds fair though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I get $2k plus I won't need them, the few boats I'm looking at are 16ft with 25-35hp outboards. I'm keeping an elite 4hdi (gps and the good transducer). I can pick up my materials and another​ tm with the extra $

I think you are in the ball park. The age of the boat and trailer might be an issue for some but everything looks to be in really great shape.

Depends where you are. Here in the north east w big water your buyers are limited to those w private homes on small lakes w big budgets .... meaning bigger boats. I've done the same thing your talking about to get what I have and it wasn't easy. Myself along w my father sold three tins that we bought and flipped to buy one new one. I'd say that boat list buy me for 1200 but sells for around 1000. It's not a knock on you or your boat, but the guy your selling too is thinking of it as a starter boat as well. Id save your fish finders, bow mount troller, and any other goodies. I've never found to get a good return on them. It'll save you from spending that 2k on other things and make sure you get the boat you want!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok... So now I'm thinking no ff and save my power drive. Upside is that I'm in Omaha, ne. All the local reservoirs (8 in total) are heavily stocked with nice bass, cats, mid sized walleye, and crappie. All of the lakes are no wake/5mph limit, so it's a great set up for the area. I was thinking the e start 9.9 would be a huge plus because locally those motors are going for $750+

I'm going to test the waters. If it's not going to give me what I need to get my bigger boat... I'll keep this one...I love it! And I'm building a larger casting deck on the back as we speak.

That boat down here in houston, with titles for all would be 2500 to 3000 on craigslist........ but they also got riveted flat bottom 14' jons with no title for 800 just for the hull. I wouldnt take less then 2 for it....... but thats me 8)

That's what I'm thinking! Because it fits the majority of local local conditions so well.....v hull because it's windy...9.9hp (e start) for the no wake lakes. Nice size deck for the bass guys.... And the upgrades, lowrance elite 4x, pin style seats... On the fence about the power drive, but for $2k I'd let that go. I do have an elite 4 hdi (high end transducer and gps!) I'm keeping that for sure. Bilge pump, lights that all work with a switch panel. This is perfect for this area (Omaha). And hell... I'll keep it before I give it away!

And hell... I've just started the framing for a deck on the back end with another swivel seat, extra storage, flush mounting the switch panel.... It's gonna be very nice

For reference, here is another boat in this area that I'd be competing with

I'm not knocking their boat... Just showing what's going for $1500 here in Omaha

What do you think?

you can sell it for as much as anyone is willing to pay. i always ask high and make the buyer think they are getting a deal. start at $2500 and sell for $2k.

mrdrh99 said:
Ok.... My boat is a 14" 1967 creastliner. 1988 9.9 Johnson with e start. A Minn Kota 30# troller on the back, a Minn Kota 42# power drive auto pilot on the front. I'm including 1 lowrance elite 4xhdi. Working nav lights and 600gph bilge pump, all hooked up to a 4 gang switch. The battery is brand new 109ah marine deep cycle. Anchor with pulley. New 3 gallon gas tank and new hose. Trailer is also dated to 1967 but pulls very well and lights work well. Both boat and trailer paperwork is in my name and up to date!

So... Deal is, I've slowly been trading up and my next boat I want to be a 16ft deep v so I can comfortably fit the family for fun cruises, and more than enough room for serious fishing.

I'm thinking of listing for $2250 and taking offers from there. Really need at minimum $1750.

And thoughts?

To be honest it's worth what someone is willing to pay you for it, and somewhat depends on your area. Including some sucker who will over pay if that makes sense. Finding someone to give you every bit of value that you're going to get will take time, but if you stick it out and arent needing a quick sale you'll get more out of it.

I took over a year to sell a car on craigslist, I have plenty of driveway, no point in selling it for less than I think i can get just to get a fast sale. Right now i'm selling a vintage motorcycle and I'm getting calls but mostly seems like old guys wanting to talk about it and the fact that they had one, none have actually showed up. It does not bother me, eventually one of them will buy it.

I bought a similarly outfitted boat to yours at a garage sale for 500 bucks, however I have never seen half the deal on craigslist, I would personally list it for 2500 and maybe let them pull you down to 2200 if they are a persistent negotiator, take lots of pictures in broad daylight. Detailed pictures like 10 or 15 of them, people need to see themselves in the boat so to speak.

Also if you took the trolling motor off the back I don't think you'd lose value.

I would sell it all seperately. Prices vary huge by area, but here in NH I would say that the following applies for used prices:

'88 9.9 outboard with tank and hose= $600
Older model Powerdrive= $150
Lowrance clicker= $100
Boat and trailer= $1000

Unfortunately I doubt you would get $1850 for the package, I bet you would be looking at more like $1200 if you sell it all together. At least in my area.

I think you'll get closer to your 2k figure if you sell everything separately. The boat by itself (with the seats) is VERY clean looking and should fetch top dollar compared to similar row boat/trailer combinations - based on what I see in CT I'd say $500 to $750, probably another $500 for the outboard (with the tank), $250 for the 42# trolling motor (& the battery), $100 for the 30#, $50 to $75 for the fish finder.

Problem is those are all items (other than the redundant trolling motor) that a person would expect to have in a boat, so while the boat is complete and very clean it's going to be harder to find someone willing to pay the composite price for a group of items...basically you're looking for 1 person who wants all five items together rather than 5 people who individually want one thing or another. You stand a better chance getting your top dollar negotiating each one separately than all of them together.

I'm basing this on having just paid $400 for a 14' Alumacraft V14 with a 15hp Honda 4 stroke, a 42# thrust motorguide bow mount and a galvanized trailer that's in great shape with all the documents for both the boat & trailer. Compared to your setup I was missing the fish finder, gas tank & battery, but dealing with a boat and outboard that were both made in the last 15 years - though the decking work is a mess & needs to be thrown out & started over.

mrdrh99 said:
And hell... I've just started the framing for a deck on the back end with another swivel seat, extra storage, flush mounting the switch panel.... It's gonna be very nice

For reference, here is another boat in this area that I'd be competing with

I'm not knocking their boat... Just showing what's going for $1500 here in Omaha

What do you think?

One thing to keep in mind assuming that's a craigslist ad or something, what it's going for and being listed for can be two different things. I see that a lot especially on ebay "Buy it now", someone asking an outrageous price and never getting it sold. I still stand by the fact I think your boat could be sold for 2500ish

Latest posts