1436 welded vs 1542 riv, should I stay or should I go

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowtide

Reaction score
quick question as I am looking for advice.

I currently own a late 70s xpress/ alumaweld 1436 welded.
It's 165 lbs
My 9.9 2 stroke pushing it great around 22-24 mph.

I am interested in something more stable, and better suited for my boys to drive around when they get older.
So I have my eye on a tracker 1542L riveted, weighs 25lbs more than the 1436. so not too worried about keeping the 9.9hp on it.

What would you do of these two options:

Sell the 1436 hull and buy the 1542 hull? (What's an expected value I can get for it? 600-700?)

Keep the 1436? and not have to worry about lengthening the trailer, but have a less stable boat?

Thanks.

I've owned 2 14ft hulls, no problem with stability once you got 48" wide.... But, if you're looking at a 15', Spend a little more time and find at least a 16ft. World's of difference, especially for more people. I'm in the same boat... Lol... Have a 14ft, looking to step up to a 16ft just to have room for the family!

mrdrh99 said:
I've owned 2 14ft hulls, no problem with stability once you got 48" wide.... But, if you're looking at a 15', Spend a little more time and find at least a 16ft. World's of difference, especially for more people. I'm in the same boat... Lol... Have a 14ft, looking to step up to a 16ft just to have room for the family!

Good points. But my reasoning for this particular 1542 is the weight is close to my 1436 so I dont have to worry about finding a bigger motor atm.

What is realistic asking price for the 1436 hull?

It's xpress/ alumaweld brand. The transom has aluminum plates welded on both sides for reinforcement and corner braces. It has zero leaks.

why not cruise the craigslist ads in your area for a similar boat
in similar condition - of course the "asking" price comes down
to how bad the buyer really wants a boat - and willing to pay more.
I have bought about a half dozen boats on craigslist and never paid
the asking price.......
you have not said where you hail from - so your location will be much
different than someone 2,000 miles away from you.

jus my Dos Centavos

lowtide said:
What is realistic asking price for the 1436 hull?

It's xpress/ alumaweld brand. The transom has aluminum plates welded on both sides for reinforcement and corner braces. It has zero leaks.
It really depends on the type of hull, welded with cross braces (less money) vs welded with longitudinal braces (more money) and like stated depends on your location.

A brand new Alweld 1436 with a false floor is in the low $2000s and up depending on how you rig it out, one without a floor $1400-$1600

1244 Atchafalaya Outdoor Designs W/ 12hp Copperhead

Latest posts