Anyone have any idea of what I have here?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inferno10

Reaction score
Hello, Im new to the forum, just bought an older 16 foot aluminum boat, which doesnt have a hull identification number on it, and a bunch of layers of paint, so I have no way to tell what it is. I was wondering if any of you might have an idea. It would be nice to know, but no huge deal if I dont. Heres a couple of pics, let me know if you might need any others, I have it upside down on saw horses right now getting ready to start stripping the paint off.

boat1.jpg
boat2.jpg

No, its paperwork was lost and its old enough not to have a hull identification number. Ill be going through the process to register it as homemade. Im just curious if anyone knows what it is.

Post pictures of the inside and top.

Judging by what I believe to be the splash rail formed into the hull instead of being riveted on after, I'm leaning to late 60's SeaKing or StarCraft (1 and the same really). Be easier to tell by looking at the ribs inside and the transom supports.

I have a 14ft creastliner, and it has very similar lines.

I don't know if these pics help but it looks similar...

Btw, I wish I had my same boat in a 16ft! Great hull to work with!

I'm not sure about where you live, but in Florida, registering a manufactured hull as home made is considered title fraud.

mbweimar said:
I'm not sure about where you live, but in Florida, registering a manufactured hull as home made is considered title fraud.

Not in NY for boats older than 1972, which never had HINs to begin with. The state assigns it a HIN, and there ya go. Its a different deal if theres already a HIN, then you have to go through the process to replace the title.

ericman said:
Post pictures of the inside and top.

Judging by what I believe to be the splash rail formed into the hull instead of being riveted on after, I'm leaning to late 60's SeaKing or StarCraft (1 and the same really). Be easier to tell by looking at the ribs inside and the transom supports.

Ill grab a couple of pics this weekend.

Latest posts