1971 Crestliner Dane

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amuller

Reaction score
I've just become the owner of one of these. Boat, trailer, motor $200. Seems like a pretty solid hull to me.

Anybody familiar with these and able to give pointers about what problems to look for?

photos of what you have would help the gallery help you with any of your concerns......
especially the internal ribs and transom.
and if you have concerns with the trailer and the way it is set up, photos of that too.

plus - the age of the trailer and any mods that you think may have been done to it.
how long is the hull ? what size motor are you going to use ?

a quick google search indicates the "Dane" was made between 1972 and 1975.

" The Crestliner Dane is a 16.08' foot outboard boat. The weight of the boat is 800 lbs.
which does not include passengers, aftermarket boating accessories, motor or fuel.
The max rated horsepower of this boat, as listed by the manufacturer is 100 hp "
as found on iboats.com

So mine is apparently a 1972,the first year of the model.

It seems a sturdy boat.

Specific question: It has sprayed-in foam under the gunwales and in other places. This foam seems rather brown and brittle. Can it be counted on to do it's job? I think there is supposed to be foam under the floor but may have to life some of the flooring to make sure it's still here. Can anybody tell me in detail where foam is supposed to be?

Also, if I install new foam, what should I use? Some people use the white "styrofoam" boards, some people use the pinkish boards. What's best?

Thanks!

amuller said:
So mine is apparently a 1972,the first year of the model.

It seems a sturdy boat.

Specific question: It has sprayed-in foam under the gunwales and in other places. This foam seems rather brown and brittle. Can it be counted on to do it's job? I think there is supposed to be foam under the floor but may have to life some of the flooring to make sure it's still here. Can anybody tell me in detail where foam is supposed to be?

Also, if I install new foam, what should I use? Some people use the white "styrofoam" boards, some people use the pinkish boards. What's best?

Thanks!

Pink. The white stuff apparently turns to napalm if it comes into contact with gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts