Front deck on a 10ft jon boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amairi1

Reaction score
I was wondering how do you all feel about a front deck on a 10ft jon boat like this. Been thinking about doing my boat that was. Let me know your input
d0d9c66552fcfa7e927e49da1ed1804f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It looks great but my opinion is, unless all you fish are ponds, take the upgrade money and put it towards a bigger boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weldorthemagnificent said:
It looks great but my opinion is, unless all you fish are ponds, take the upgrade money and put it towards a bigger boat.

Yes all I fish are ponds. A friend told me just put the seat clamps in the boat. Are get a 12ft or 14ft and do a front deck on it

I have a 10' Jon that I used to throw in the back of my truck to fish ponds. Best boat for the job. Anyway, I used to stand on the benches while fishing. It's all about how confident you are in your balance. I recently decked the whole thing with storage hatches, leaning post, etc. Never had a chance to put it in the water yet.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

If you never do big water, try cutting a piece of plywood and setting it in there. It might suit you just fine. Cost you a piece of wood to find out.

Dunno about that, I'm pretty agile and have good balance but a front deck? If I needed the height that bad I think I'd go with another boat or live with what it is. YMMV :)

I'm thinking about just keeping what I have

Fished for years out of a 10 foot jon with pedestal seats mounted to the benches. Yeah, it was tippy but we never spilled. If youre careful, it can certainly be done. Good communication in the boat will go a long way.

Honestly though, better for one to stand while the other sits.... and communicate

LionHeart said:
Fished for years out of a 10 foot jon with pedestal seats mounted to the benches. Yeah, it was tippy but we never spilled. If youre careful, it can certainly be done. Good communication in the boat will go a long way.

Honestly though, better for one to stand while the other sits.... and communicate
Thanks @LionHeart

Latest posts