Help with Lone Star Boat ID - Model and year

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

visoundguy

Reaction score
Hi All. Thanks for letting me jump on the forum. I recently purchased this Lone Star boat and can ID the manufacturer, and even found a Hull ID number, but in trying to research the model and year, I'm coming up short. Not much info on these Hull IDs from Lone Star. I have attached pics as well as the Hull ID of B82610390. I appreciate anything you could do to provide info or point me in the right direction. Thanks much!

Attachments

• IMG_6450 lr.jpg
    IMG_6450 lr.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 7,462
  • IMG_6451 lr.jpg
    IMG_6451 lr.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 7,461
  • IMG_6437 lr.jpg
    IMG_6437 lr.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 7,460
  • IMG_6440 lr.jpg
    IMG_6440 lr.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 7,461
My guess would be an early 50's Commander:

lone-star-commander-boat-1.jpg

Lonestarb55003.jpg

If it's a 50s Lone Star, I think it would be a 1958. In that era the leading digit of the HID was supposedly the last digit of the year. The next three numbers were specific to the model and the last 4 numbers were the number in the production run. The B leading the serial number is unfamiliar to me and might indicate that it's an earlier boat, but I'd still bet on 1958. The Commander is probably the model, which didn't change much in design over the years of production (below is the 1958 pamphlet):

Lonestarb58007.jpg

The hull number on my 14' Lone star is: 3A955294
It is an open boat and I was told it was made in 1963.

Hi All. Thanks for letting me jump on the forum. I recently purchased this Lone Star boat and can ID the manufacturer, and even found a Hull ID number, but in trying to research the model and year, I'm coming up short. Not much info on these Hull IDs from Lone Star. I have attached pics as well as the Hull ID of B82610390. I appreciate anything you could do to provide info or point me in the right direction. Thanks much!
Hi I have a boat that looks like yours. My Hull # is B260953.

Latest posts