Duranautic?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kooldecker

Reaction score
Hey guys im really new here. I have been trolling around and saw a few duranautic tins . Ive been around. Im not completely green. But ive never come across one. Are they quality? Or not worth looking at. I realise i could start a gang war over a question like this lol. But i really would like any experiences you may have. Thanks and may your rivets always hold water!

If I had the chance, that is a brand I sure wouldn't hesitate to buy! I run 2 Starcrafts and while I have made them sound, as a brand they have had their share of transom issues. I have yet to EVER hear a bad word or observe a problem with a Duranautic tin!

I had one. It was most excellent! It was over powered and overworked for years and years.

I had a 2008 Duranautic 13 foot model. I liked it so much that when it was time to step up to a larger boat I bought a 16 ft. Duranautic side console. They are all welded construction.

Built by Marathon Boats in Marathon New York. They also own the Grumman line of boats and the famous Grumman canoes.

Check the links below if you want to see some pics and a video of the 13 footer zooming on a tidal river...

sonny.barile said:
I had a 2008 Duranautic 13 foot model. I liked it so much that when it was time to step up to a larger boat I bought a 16 ft. Duranautic side console. They are all welded construction.

Built by Marathon Boats in Marathon New York. They also own the Grumman line of boats and the famous Grumman canoes.

Check the links below if you want to see some pics and a video of the 13 footer zooming on a tidal river...

We love our Grumman 18' canoe just don't tell anybody that we use it just as much as the tin boat. The new plastic canoes don't have a keel and many have rocker in the hull. That makes them blow all over the place and zig zag when you paddle. The 18' Grumman tracks as straight as an arrow and since displacement speed is a factor of length it will literally blow past every paddle board ,kayak and shorter canoe on the lakes. An old couple in their 50's with a big dog jumping around and metal cooler with an ancient metal canoe blowing away the young bucks in their plastic yaks is priceless because they try so hard to out run us. We eat them alive and it keeps us young! We love tin canoes. It's not our first.

The Duranautic boat I had was a new 10' in the 70's. Dad would buy anything I wanted as long as I came up with half the money. I sold bags at the farmers market and shoveled snow till I saved enough. I bought the boat and dad bought the Johnson six. Today the 10' is rated for 3 hp then it was 5hp. It flew with the six but later we got a 7.5 Honda so I could run with the big dogs. I was 10 years old and weighed nothing. The boat flew! We lived on the Mullica River in Sweetwater NJ so the boat got used every day for 7 years. I even broke ice with it to go to work. It got a tiny crack near the transom but the boat was used by kids for jumping wakes for 7 years. I beat the living sheet out it and it held up great. I'd love to have Sonnies ^^^ new 16 but any old used one would be great. I love that they kept the awesome aqua color all thru the years.

My one buddy had a 16' Duraunatic V hull that we fished out of for quite awhile, well built hull and they seem to sell at a premium when you see them for sale. They seem to have a good reputation among the people that owned them.

Latest posts