14' seafarer

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kooldecker

Reaction score
Hey all, im just wondering what you guys think about a deck in a 14ft starcraft seafarer. Id like to k ow if anybody has done it with pedestal seats, and how stable was it? Im a bigger guy and dont want to build what will turn out to be an expensive "log rolling machine" lol. Any and all input as always would be appreciated so much! Thanks for all your help so far.

kooldecker said:
Hey all, im just wondering what you guys think about a deck in a 14ft starcraft seafarer. Id like to k ow if anybody has done it with pedestal seats, and how stable was it?
Read this ... https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=18252

And ask away with the owner of that boat.

That's what I've got. I left the rear bench in, and replaced the front two benches with a deck. I placed the deck just high enough to slide a 3 gal gas tank under the back edge. Ahead of the gas tank is flotation foam and clear up in the bow the deck is just high enough to clear a battery. I put a pedestal seat about 4.5 feet behind the bow. The deck extends 7 feet behind the bow. Then I put a transom mount trolling motor on the side slightly forward of the pedestal seat.

It's very stable. Works great for one person fishing or two, one in the front and one in the back. I've got a yamaha 15 hp fourstroke. With just me in it, It'll go 20 mph on my gps at 4500 ft elevation.

Latest posts