New custom built 18' jon boat need ideas

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steamer17

Reaction score
Need Ideas/Suggestions

What's going on everyone. I recently picked up my new boat from a friend in TN who builds them and it is pretty barebones. I would like you all to help me make it the best it can possibly be. I want this boat to function as a fishing boat in the spring/summer and as a duck hunting boat in the winter.

Pretty much the only thing this boat has on it is a 90 horse suzuki. Please give me suggestions for anything I need to add or any work I need to do to make this boat a good as possible for hunting/fishing.

I do not have all the exact measurements at the moment but I will continuously update with specs and as I add parts and accessories.

Thanks!

PICS
https://imgur.com/a/SrL0t

*PS... the spare for the trailer won't be staying in the boat. (Obviously)

For the type of fishing and hunting that I do down in South Florida I'd be looking into a rear deck all the way to the bench with access hatches for dry storage and a livewell. A rod/gun locker on the port side to keep the expensive stuff off the floor, a couple battery boxes under the front deck, and the biggest trolling motor I could afford. Other than that I like an open floor for coolers, decoys, etc.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

You need to let us know what type of fishing you are going to do, that'll help. What is the name/ make of the boat? I'm sure you will get lots of ideas. Nice boat,keep us posted with pictures,we all love pictures.

Bearclaw said:
You need to let us know what type of fishing you are going to do, that'll help. What is the name/ make of the boat? I'm sure you will get lots of ideas. Nice boat,keep us posted with pictures,we all love pictures.

Bass fishing on local (KY) lakes and rivers primarily. The boat doesn't have a name/make as it it was custom built by a friend in TN.

Bobs Hydraulic Jackplate is the best thing I put on my 1860, especially if your running in shallow water.

Steamer, I'm a crappie , catfish and striper fisherman, I can't help you much on the bass fishing side. I would first get a seat for the front as most bass fishing is done from the front. Add a trolling motor and just look at some of the factory bass boats to see if you could incorporate any of the features on them to your boat.

Latest posts